PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer h3 radiator

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 07:21 PM
Default Hummer h3 radiator

Hi,
I have read concerns of radiator crack and have observed my h3t 2010 in cold and in hot conditions. The problem spot is the center 3 inches, pressing against the flange of the white cross frame when the radiator is hot. The plastic tank expands and rubs against the flange at the protruding 3 inch middle section of the cross frame.

This should clearly have been a recall of earlier models; left unimproved, my radiator has the same risk for being cut open by the flange.

To resolve this obvious problem, without waiting for it to happen, I cut away the flange with an oscillating metal saw, being careful not to damage the plastic tank.
There is now room for the tank to expand.
I have had the truck for 6 months, the clock reading 82000miles, had the transmission oil flushed to be on the safe side for not knowing the service history.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:50 AM

Welcome to HF Peterk.

Post up some pix of your H3T. As a fellow H3T owner I love to see photos and mod ideas from other owners.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:48 PM

Hi Tainter,
I will add more inform On this Forum soon. Thanks for your invite.
My hummer is a white 'Luxury " model as it came that way, from Annapolis, Maryland.
I was looking for a midsize truck to replace my Nissan Frontier crew cab 1999 model bought new and found the truck bed my first choice and crewcab to carry my 3 grandchildren. So it doubles as their 'school bus'.
Some say the hummer is ugly, but I prefer the no nonsense round lights. The only decor I find unnecessary is the black redundant vent panel on the hood, a left over feature of the H1.
I have added a trifold bed tonneau over, a bed gate lock and the mud shields have yet to be installed.
I tend to like working on my cars and keep them; my Nissan for 15 years my Mercedes 280sl for 25 years.