PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer h3 front thumping noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Default Hummer h3 front thumping noise

Hi all. I love this forum it's been very helpful to me and a source for good reliable info regarding h3s. So if yall could help me I would appreciate it. I have an 06 h3 that has a thumping noise coming from the front. I just had brand new tires all around last week, just replaced the front brake pads, checked the bearings and bushings for play and there is none. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm completely stumped. There a video on YouTube of the exact sound I've shared here. Hope it worked. Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

MOVED, because the New Member section is for "Hi I'm a new guy" ONLY. Questions go in the vehicle specific section.

I don't hear any thump in that video, so I got no ideas for you.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:22 PM

All I hear is tire noise. Are the wheel nuts tight? Check those first. What kind of tires do you have? If the tires are not aggressive then the tire noise becomes a wheel bearing noise. I have replaced both front wheel bearings on my '06 H3. One was loose and one was making noise. I recommend a professional do the next steps, but you can do it yourself. Jack up the entire vehicle on jack stands. Start the engine, and with the vehicle in 4Lock, put in drive and spin the tires. Is the noise still there? If not it is most likely the tires. If it is, have someone else sit in the driver seat and spin the tires while you put your ear up to the rim and listen to the noise. No noise at the wheels? Climb underneath and listen for the noise. Search front to back for the noise. DO NOT grab hold of any moving drive shafts! This will hopefully give you a direction to the noise.