PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H3 In England

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Talking Hummer H3 In England

Has anyone taken an h3 to the UK? I'm heading there this summer for 3 years (military move). I've been there before and I know it will be a hoot taking it where the roads are narrow and the cars are tiny. Looking for advice on doing some of the light conversions beforehand like the taillights and park lights. Suggestions?

Old 03-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Contact Ed @ wheeler dealer VELOC Chanel
Just kidding.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM
rsc

Yes, but there are a couple modifications that must be done first...

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H3 In England-hummer-h3-wooden-wheels-1.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 01:15 PM

Yes I'm sure those Wagon wheels will help with fuel economy.

Chris

Old 03-05-2015, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the laughs...all kidding aside is there any way the euro tail lamps can be added to the back without messing with the BCM? I read some older threads on this topic of European conversions but nothing specific on the "how". There are shops near the base that do this stuff all the time, but they yank out the reverse lights, add turn signals in the clear housings, and add a lower mounted reverse lamp and a rear fog light. Just looking for a "clean" looking install with euro parts.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 PM
rsc

I would look into buying the UK tail lamps and side markers rather than trying to convert the rear turn signals to amber and front markers to white. Some folks here liked the white markers and made the switch over with no problems. I cannot imagine the tail lamps not playing with the BCM. Where do you plan on locating the red fog light and interior warning light?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

I can get the euro tail light housings, but since the U.S. tail light only has the upper red brake and turn on one bulb and one bulb for the reverse, it may not work with a euro 3 bulb system (brake, turn, reverse). I will most likely get the garages there to add the rear fog light and move the head light to shine on the other side of the road. I've been searching for the wiring process to get the brake and reverse to separate so it can work with the euro tail lights. I'll get the clear side markers, but will also need the park lamps to be white instead of Amber too.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Where can you get the euro tail light housings. I've gone crazy looking for them.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:08 AM

I found them surprisingly on Amazon for a good price, but there are other sites that sell all the European parts that were made in South Africa for the European markets, but more expensive.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:43 AM

Have any sitenames for European parts?

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 In England