PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Default Hummer Dilemma

We currently own a H3 which is my wife's vehicle, I have a Avalanche. I am really in a bit of a moral dilemma because I found a H2 which I really like and the price is right. When we got our H3 I kinda got the impression that we were perceived a "rich" because we had bought a Hummer (used), stuff like "wow, you got a Hummer you must be doing OK" and similar comments implying that you must be loaded to own a Hummer.
Now that I would like to get a H2 we are afraid that having a H3 & H2 (same color) sitting in our driveway people will think we are millionares. Even today it seems that there is a real image that goes along with owning a Hummer, and that image whether perceived or real is influencing me on whether I get a H2 for myself.
When I got the H3 it was purchased for the reasons that it was practical, roomy, easy to drive and one of the cheapest used suv's that we could find.
I agree that it would be rare to see a H2 & H3 in the same driveway.
So my question is do you guys find what I am talking about, do people comment about being rich, do they have a different perception of you because you own one, do they treat you differently?

Is it all in my head????

Derek

Old 03-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Banned
Default nothing in your head

xxxx the other people, drive your h2 to the book store and buy "codependent no more", m. beattie and stop fantacizing about other people

live your life and let others GO!

tom

Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 AM

I bought my HUMMER H2 because "I" wanted it. I didn't buy it so other people would stare or make judgment. I wanted it so I bought it. I could care less what other people think. It is my money and I'll spend it the way I want. Remember you only live once and you can't take it with you when you die!!!!

You should feel very fortunate that you have 2 of them!!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:56 AM

I have a small business in a small town and when I bought my H2 I heard all kinds of stuff like. It must be nice, and you must be charging too much, you must be selling drugs and so on. I dont pay any attention and I dont hear that anymore. Last month we bought an H3 for my wife and now she has had a few "must be nice" comments.
We sure do like having a two hummer garage. Just buy it. They will get over it.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Obviously what other people think doesn't matter to me and there is always someone that has more than you do so forget about it. Drive what you want and be happy you can afford to. I live my life how I want to and I don't answer to anyone for it.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Consider yourself lucky if people just think you're rich for owning a Hummer. A lot will think you're "ruining the earth" or "killing us all"
When I had my Audi that I bought when it was 6 years old and had 75K miles on it, guys with brand new Dodge Ram 4WD pickups thought I was "made of money"

Old 03-14-2010, 07:20 PM

Well I had decided that I was going to get my H2 and to heck with what everyone says, then when I was ready to go in on Monday to sign the deal I find out that a family member is in a financial crisis with no means to solve it. So the money I had ready to get my long awaited H2 is now gone!
Now before everyone says the "family first" thing this is the second time that this has happened in 5 years so right now my pity for the family member is non-existent!

Right now I am **cking frustrated!!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned
Default the book is "codepedndent no more"

in the recovery section of most big bookstores there are many books on the illness of codependency. untreated, it can kill.

when i ALLOW the actions of another to affect me i am acting in my codependency, i am sick.
i then need to update my "i dont give a damn" attitude a little so i can still function, and therefore be helpful.
"to thine own self be true"
good luck, reading
tom
you are just not taking me serious, yet!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:02 PM

So true....so true....