PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Default Hummer Dealerships

From what I have read, on the many posts we have on this site, we all come from different areas but I was wondering what everyone thought of the Hummer dealership in their area. I did just get my Hummer from a Chevy dealership as a used vehicle last month so I haven't had the opportunity to deal with my local dealership directly. Sadly, I have been avoiding them and going thru the Chevy dealership to ask them questions or get me what I need. I know this is going to have to end and I am going to have to get off my lazy butt and drive the extra mile that is between the two to deal with Hummer directly. I thought I would leave this pretty open for anyone to rant or praise their dealership for anyone else. Also, there are a few other Hummer dealerships in the area that I would gladly drive to if they have a better rep than my local one.

To start it off then, I bought my Hummer for Crown Chevrolet in Dublin, CA and I have had quick responses to stupid questions and even a few free fixes and check ups when I brought it in. Hummer of Pleasanton (in Dublin???) is in a nice new building right off the freeway that I started talking to a dealer about purchasing a new '08 Hummer but I didn't get a very warm feeling from the guy. He seemed to want to see me in person although I wanted some more emails to see where he was going to go with the price before I got off my couch and dealt with the hours of car buying experience. I know why he wanted me to go there in person and I don't blame him but now that I have an H2 I want to have it serviced by people who know the car. What are your thoughts?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Hummer Dealerships

I have heard varying reports of dealers all over the country but they are generally better than the average GM dealership from what I have heard so far.

The Louisville, KY Hummer dealership I bought my 08 H3 from has been fantastic to date. I have nothing but good things to say about the buying and service experiences there.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

I went out of state to buy mine from a wonderful dealer and a very knowledgeable salesman....

then I had to take it back to an awful service department and I will never go back. They didn't even give a **** about mistakes they made, nor did they offer to make it good after their mistake.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:09 PM

Hey..looks you are in the SF Bay too![/align]I can tell you I have had ALL of my service done through Hummer of Pleasanton (Dublin) and dealing with the service guy (Todd) has been great. They have done everything from oil changes, to scheduled service to chrome door handles, buckets,chrome markers, backup camera, etc. with no problems. Very professional always completed as[/align]promised, and they shuttle me to Bart, and back. No problems to date.[/align]

Old 01-26-2008, 04:27 PM

bluezgo im kinda in the same boat as you-bought mine at a local gm dealer but i did take mine to nashville to crest hummer (bout 65min drive) for the tire sensor deal and they were freaking awesome. i will definitely do business with them in the future.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

I am in Socal and deal with three Hummer dealers. All have fantastic service departments. Weseloh Hummer in San Juan capistrano, Cerritos Hummer in Cerritos, CA and Tustin Hummer in Tustin, CA. I have bought new Hummers from Lynch, Weseloh and Tustin. Tustin is the only one I had a problem with on sales. ( GM lied to me ) For service it seems like I am in Hummer dream land.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:31 PM

I have now bought 3 H3's from HUMMER of COLUMBUS in Columbus Ohio (technically Dublin, Ohio). It is about a 40 minute drive for me, but I pass 4 other GM dealerships to get to them. From day one they have been great with me, if I need service they always get me in the next day unless they have to order something. They always give me a HUMMER loaner, wash mine before I get it back. I've only had to take in once because the headliner was coming on the driver side and my driver's side headlight had condensation in it and I needed to do an alignment after my TB level.I dropped it off before work, picked up the loaner, and picked mine back up the next morning. I asked them for the center cap to my Spare for the Tactical and they checked but at the time you couldn't order them. I started to leave and as I drove around the building the Service Manager walked out in front of me and handed me one hewent out back and pulled on off of a "take off" where somebody wanted chrome instead black.

I will always take my H3's there over anywhere else

OH, and the GM on the floor still says Hi to me BY NAME when I go in.

THINK PINK WHEN YOU VOTE FOR ROTM[sm=smiley20.gif]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_12142..._1/key_/tm.htm

Old 01-27-2008, 02:55 AM

Things are a little different in Canada. We don't have(at least not here) those STAND ALONE HUMMER dealerships. Our HUMMER dealers are GM dealers who, I assume, PAID for the right to have the HUMMER line. Mine is Murray Chevrolet Hummer: http://www.murraychevhummer.ca/Which is GREAT for me as I've been leasing vehicles from them since '92 so I already had a great relationship with them since they became a HUMMER dealer in 2003!!

I think the problems alot of you yanks have is these HUMMER dealerships that aren't owned by any "Name Brand" dealers and are kinda NEW at this game. The SERVICE seems to SUCK at these dealers.

My dealer has been around since 1926 and now have 15 dealerships owned by the 2 or 3 brothers. You can't build a business like that without GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Thank Jebus!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:07 AM

I got mine from a Chevy Dealership becuase they are still building the Hummer one on the same lot. The service department has Hummer techs there so I always got treated right, didn't say they always fixed my problems, but atleast they tried to make good.