PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Strong Is Your H1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Default How Strong Is Your H1?

Like the subject says.
But I'm not talking about horsepower, or torque. I'm sure we all know that you can put your neighbors car on the roof and still go up a steep incline with the torque capabilities.

What I'm talking about is ramming power. As in, if god forbid you were in an accident, how strong do you believe your H1 would hold up if rear-ended or if you crashed into traffic.

And how much do you think you'd end up having to pay in repairs, or do you believe you'd just roll over the opposition?

Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How Strong Is Your H1?

Never had a wreck in an H1. Had two in my H2. The other cars were small ( BMW, Honda ) Both were severely damaged. I sustained zero damage in either wreck. H1s would not be cheap to repair but if I have to take my chances in an accident I would rather be in the 8000# vehicle than the 3000# one.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:21 PM

I have read posts about a few H1 accidents... One included a border patrol truck(H12dr pickup)and a bmw x5(SUV), sad to say thedriver of bmw died at scene andliterallythe driverhalf of the vehicle wasscattered on the road... Also heard about cars rear ending the heavy duty bumper of an H1 and the bumper only required some touch up paint the cars usually required a new front end(rad, hood, bumper etc)... And another accident I heard about was a car running right into the rear tire of an h1 from the side, the car wasa wreck and the H1 only had a blown bead he also had runflats so he drove himself to his garage for repairs.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Also I myself have ran over a burnt car and 2 junkers with my H1 so far... but it was offroad and i lined my tires up properly. Also have ran over a tree about 30feet+ tall and was about 6" in diameter... almost threw my friend off his dirtbike which was following behind after i drove off of it. also have taken out a friends(ford explorer) rear hatch window and dent in rear hatch from giving him a bum start with my front brush guard.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM

this should help answer yor question/keep you entertained...
http://www.lynchhummer.com/tailgater.html

Old 04-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Those are like my accidents in the H2. One lady in a Honda ran underneath the back of me on the freeway and a girl in a BMW croosed the lane line and hit my back rear tire. In both cases I had no damage and the other cars were heavily damaged. The Honda had to be towed away.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Wow, those are all intense stories.
So it is as tough as it looks. Very pleased with that. The runflat sure would come in handy as well!

Old 04-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Run flat is good for the street but not much good offroad. A spare is eesential if you are going to spend time offroad.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Run flat is good for the street but not much good offroad. A spare is eesential if you are going to spend time offroad.
i believe manny would disagree with you about that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV8cInjRFmk

blew a bead during that run and swaping to a spare was out of the question so he had to continue on until level ground... Run flat saved his rim I am sure.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Might be better than nothing but I wouldn't count on the run flat to get me out of most places off road. Not sure why AMG didn't have a spare with the H1 but in sand, mud, etc the run flat isn't your first choice of options.

Quick Reply: How Strong Is Your H1?