PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you use your Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Default RE: How much do you use your Navi?

ORIGINAL: Cali Man

Thanks guys the input is great, I have an 05 H2 so turn by turn isn't really an option. But in all honesty I think i might just get a single din that i can install to watch DVD's and control through the aux in my factory set. I can't imaginetaking it on road trips, and suually only use it for my daily commute in a city I hav elived in my whole life, but keep em coming the stories are extremely helpful.
Get an Eclipse NAV! You get a DVD player/screen AND NAV!!! Plus you can run the DVD Player to other screens!!

I'm not a fan of the flip up ones because of the "titty" air vents above the deck. The one's I've seen installed are always angled downwards because of them!!

Old 04-05-2007, 05:58 PM

I love you calling them "titty" air vents and your right they do obstruct when a single flip out screen comes out if its placed that high, I guess now I might just have to bite the bullet and spend the money.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:35 AM

I have a Nav system, but its not the factory installed unit. I have been using the Garmin C320, and it has been amazingly accurate and for $300 it was a steal. I never leave home without it.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Our '06 H2 came with the OEM Nav system, as well as with a remote 6-disc CD changerplus the rear DVD entertainment system, so we're not really missing-out on anything. Watching DVDs on the Nav screen is of absolutely no interest to me (although I ride 'shotgun' 99% of the time), and besides it's a Vehicle Code violationhere in CA if the vehicle is being operated upon a public roadway.The Nav unit also has the integrated rear back-up system, which utilizes the Nav screen as the monitor for the color camera which is affixed to the rear-mounted spare tire/wheel assembly. This feature works great and gives the driver/passenger a large clear picture of what's behind the H2 whilst in reverse...it works great. With regard to the Nav unit itself, we've only utilized it on those occasions when we travel to those cities/outlying areas which we are unfamiliar with; otherwise, it's not utilizedfor traveling within our local vicinity (which consists of about 14 adjacent cities), as we the know the area quite well. If you in fact never leave your own city, then there's absolutely no need for you to ever get one, but it's still nice to know that it's there if/when you might need it. BTW, I still print-out MapQuest directions, as well as carry an updatedThomas Guide whenever traveling, as we've discovered that not all streets/areas are covered by the Nav data disc...and we're not talking about relatively new streets either. Also,who knows if and when the Nav unit might fail/malfunction whilst traveling in areas without any signs of life or cellphone coverage...it's always better to be safe than sorry. Although the OEM Nav system has been functionally sound, yet somewhat hard to initially figure-out for the 'newbie', we've still discovered that, sometimes, it'stotally incorrect...forcing us to just place it in passive/standby mode, so that we can simply revert back to our printed directions and not have to listen to the voiced 'play-by-play' advising us to turn-around...lol. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 PM

I was just talking to On Star last week and they said turn by turn was available on my H2 '05 for a monthly fee and I passed because I have the NAV system.. are you sure about it not working on the "05?
Yes i use mine once a week and it is great for finding an ATM quickly

Old 04-13-2007, 04:44 AM

I was advised by my dealer, as well as by OnStar, that turn-by-turn navigation is in fact available for our '06 H2 for a $27 monthlyfee. As a matter of fact, it wasactually operational during the initial 'test drive', but was then disconnected by OnStar upon change of vehicleownership. That's a pretty hefty price IMHO, and possiblyworth the additional expense if we only traveled often enoughto justify the additional expense.