PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Default RE: How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???

I personally have not had any experience with Sewell but i have heard that they are fantastic. I use Frank Kent in Fort Worth, one because it's closer and two because they have given me the best customer service ever. Granted i only had to have the cylinder head replaced underwarranty, but I had a loaner car in less than 5 minutes and was on my way. My H3 was ready the next day.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 AM

OMG. Just move down here! I can't imagine towing a rig from Maine just for some service work -- unless you are talkin about Maine, Texas.

I bought my '03 H2 at Sewell Dallas and my '08 H3 up the road at Sewell Plano. I have all my service done by them. In my experience, they are very customer service oriented and the techs seem to be competent.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 AM

putting gunners sarcasm aside , yes, sewell is terrific. we've bought 3 h3s from them (my folks 1 and me 2), and will go back for the h3t when my folks are ready. anyways, to get to the point, their service depts are great (both plano and dallas). it stinks that you have to send your ride all the way down from maine, but those of us sewell-ites can attest that you'll be more than satisfied in the end. good luck and keep us updated on any new developments.

btw, if you do make the trip down here around 4/19,a group of us are taking anoff-road daytrip to a park in the area. if everything gets lined out, you should tag along. of course, there's no snow in tx, but plenty of dirt .

Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 PM

My experience with Sewell was bad from the start. Long story short (I typed it out once but the 'puter hiccuped and I lost it) the salesman I dealt with at the Plano store was a douche.

Before I completely wrote them off, I sent an email to HummerGuy and he told me he would make sure I was taken care of at the Dallas store. Everything was easy. I told them what I wanted and they did it. When the salesman realised I needed a vehicle (the one I was buying was being transferred from a dealer in Houston) they gave me a loner.

The state screwed up on my tags so they took a while to get in. When they did, they sent a porter to my houseto put them on.

Gunner complains about the not having a mint on his pillow......... they probably skipped it thinking he wouldn't have room after the stake dinner they provided. And it's his own fault they didn't pay for his gas..... if he hadn't been such a wuss in the mud pit he would have swamped his alternator and gotten the free tow home, a ride chauffeured by Jay, and a loaner full of there fuel to drive the next day. That Gunner ain't to bright.

I don't know that I'd take my vehicle across the country to have a simple repair done, but then again, I'm always game for a road trip.

Shoot for the weekend of 4/19 and have some fun while your down here. I have a camera, and the weather should be nice enough that you could take those bikini pics the guys were begging for. [sm=smiley9.gif]

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM

TexH3
I would, but I've been told it's flat down there......!!!! No mountains or hills.....just oil fields

The only other reason I would move down, would be to find a nice single guy!!!!! One that doesn't want to go out with me, because of the business I own. Oh yeah, I like a fellow who has all his teeth.....there's not much to pick from up here, if you know what I mean!

Well, If I decide to come down, I'll try and make it around the 19th....That sounds like fun......!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 PM

Athough I live in Montreal, Canada, I bought my Alpha from them. Very easy to deal with over the phone. Sorry no service was done.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

People on here might argue that they are the best...

ORIGINAL: solarflare

The only other reason I would move down, would be to find a nice single guy!!!!! One that doesn't want to go out with me, because of the business I own. Oh yeah, I like a fellow who has all his teeth.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 PM

Brian,
Is that an offer..LOL!!!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Just showing you some of us have teeth...although I'm not from Texas....hmm..

Old 03-22-2008, 07:09 PM

LOL!!!

Quick Reply: How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???