PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Default How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???

They have offered to take a look at my H3 and fix whatever the other dealer up here screwed up. I have a friend who owns an auto transporter business, and might be able to bring my 3 down there.....
Is it worth the effort? I've read their homepage and they have a thing for customer service...sounds pretty good to. I also emailed Jay Lane, and he is very nice, and told me my nut on the steering shaft is really screwed up......
I need opinions please!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???

People on here might argue that they are the best...

Old 03-19-2008, 04:14 PM

I'd recommend them. I had a problem with the transmission slipping and they weren't able to fix it by rebuilding it, so they went ahead and put in a new one.

Then later I had a problem with the engine sputtering. It wasn't throwing any codes, but they took the time to hook both my H3 and a new H3 up to data loggers,drivethem around,and then compare data to figure out the problem.

They also call you all the time to let you know what's going on.

I'd bet if you send it to them they get it fixed.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:21 PM

good to know!!! thanx Any other people have service done there??

Old 03-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

We have a few people here that bought theirs there... they will be around soon I'm sure...

Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 PM

Wellā€¦. Iā€™ve bought two Hummers from them in as many years and still cant figure out why.

The sales people are ornery as hell individually and quite frankly, rather funny looking as whole.

Especially that Brian guy and that Lee (Iā€™m too pretty for public consumption) Whathisface.

The Happenings they put on leave quite a bit to be desired, as I actually had to pay for my gas on the last trip

AND the hotel forgot to put a mint on my pillow. They are obviously slipping.

As for the service. Well you be the judgeā€¦.. The Loaner vehicles are never in my favorite color

and I donā€™t care if it IS a loaded Alpha, that **** better be BLACKā€¦.Quite disappointing I must tell you.

Quite frequently I have to wait on them to bring it around! Iā€™m a busy man and have places to be I tell ya.

Sometimes, they even leave a random water spot on my truck after the free wash.

BE ADVISED:

Always remember to check you mileage before you drop it off. Jay CLAIMS they were test-driving

the vehicle in an attempt to replicate my issues, but the spent mileage is EXACTLY equal to

the distance between Sewell Dallas and ā€œThe Menā€™s Clubā€ up off of Northwest Highway. Funny

how I never get the vehicle back until AFTER the lunch buffet is closed and the ā€œall dancers upā€

call has been made by the DJ. Now thatā€™s not saying Jay and his guys didnt identify and fix some crazy, intermittent

squeak, rattle or humā€¦.They usually doā€¦..BUT they could invite me every ONCE in a while.

I know Iā€™m not their favorite customer, but jeezā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

ADVISORY END:

Also, things donā€™t always get fixed right every time. Regardless of the fact that they stand behind

their work and have on occasion offered to come pick up/ return my truck for the repair, that issue should have by-god

been fixed perfect the first time! I donā€™t care if they do make it right on a second attempt, they should have known exactly

what the problem was and fixed it, based on my wild gesticulating, sketchy description and expert imitation of the noise.

Donā€™t they know I judge them only on the repairs, not on the way they handle difficult situations or problems.

Go ahead and give ā€˜em try, but donā€™t say I didnā€™t warn ya.

Oh yeah, they actually have people they pay to do follow up surveys on your service experience. They are like the

Hounds of the Baskervilles or somethingā€¦ā€¦They really want you to buy into their, oh so clever ruseā€¦.To make

you think they really care.

They act like the owner actually wrote a book on customer service or something.

Let us know how things turn out.

Gunner

Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Jay Lane is a good guy. He has been handling my serviceand I would recommend the dealership for your repair work.

My purchase was from Frank Kent and they are great also -both with mypurchase and service needs.It's about a 55 mile one trip for me to Frank Kent, so I began using Sewell on Lemmon. I had a issue once and they went beyond my expectations in making everything to my satisfaction. I'm sure they will meet your service needs.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Gunner 45 forgot to mention that they only have French Vanilla, Cappuccino and Hot Chocolate besides the regular and decaf coffee in the waiting room for free as well. Not like Starbucks at all. And the free newspapers to read while you wait are a real inconvenience. Almost makes you mad that they insist on giving you that free car wash every time, which adds another 5 - 10 minutes to you wait time. And that homey atmosphere and friendly people make it difficult to go home after that. A real disappointment in todays expected service culture where other dealers actually give you a chance to practice your non-English speaking skills when trying to communicate with the service people.

Almost makes me regret having given them all excellents for the last three times I've had my H3 in for service.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

My little brother has bought Hummers from them and things they are absolutely phenomenal. Graet sales staff, great service, great Hummer Happenings, free car wash whenever he wanders by....yes give them a try. You won't regret it.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 AM

Oh boy.....what a bad dealership up here in Maine!!!!

WARNING: DO NOT BRING YOUR HUMMER IN FOR SERVICE TO PAPE HUMMER/CHEVROLET IN MAINE.

Unless you don't want anything done.
After two weeks of asking for the alignment specs of my truck, they can't produce them. They said they would have to put another Alpha up on the machine, and then send them to me......
BUT, I want the specs of my Alpha! They said they are all the same. What a crock of @#$$!!!![:@]

They didn't do an oil change, so now I'm way overdue.

I need a new belt, but they won't give me one now.

Oh what a headache!!!! So now I will definitely get my Hummer to the place in Texas. I may even go on the ride down there.......Maybe I will meet up with a few of you fellows while I'm there....you never know!

Quick Reply: How good is Sewell Hummer in Dallas???