PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Horrible Factory Paint Job and Even Worse Customer Service at GM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by canuckZr2
if you bought a house and there was a leaky faucet and the paint was peeling would you demaned that the contractor build you a new house NO you`d have him fix it
sorry mate its not as simple as comparing it to a house. its a vehicle. and the purchase price is for a immaculate perfect condition vehicle. if you are going to get something in a crappier condition than second hand, why bother?

it is their obligation to give you another vehicle. not fix it. that fixed car will have nowhere near the value the brand new car will have. it will be a fixed car....and theres nothing you can do about it. most brands even give 3 year free servicing so GM is lucky to get away without that. so not having a perfect car delivered is not acceptable. its just cheaping out. and if it was me. i would take the car back. and happily sue them for my money back. as you can imagine that'd be the last thing they want.

although i do agree that the faults need to have been spotted before driving the car away... that would have made life alot easier.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Where are the pics?

Old 09-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by panamera
sorry mate its not as simple as comparing it to a house. its a vehicle. and the purchase price is for a immaculate perfect condition vehicle. if you are going to get something in a crappier condition than second hand, why bother?

it is their obligation to give you another vehicle. not fix it. that fixed car will have nowhere near the value the brand new car will have. it will be a fixed car....and theres nothing you can do about it. most brands even give 3 year free servicing so GM is lucky to get away without that. so not having a perfect car delivered is not acceptable. its just cheaping out. and if it was me. i would take the car back. and happily sue them for my money back. as you can imagine that'd be the last thing they want.

although i do agree that the faults need to have been spotted before driving the car away... that would have made life alot easier.
Please explain how you think this truck will be worth less than one the same age that hasn't been repainted by the dealership. It won't be listed on a Carfax report since it isn't an insurance claim. Only a small handful of people would know that it had been repainted. It wouldn't even have to be disclosed when selling or trading it in either. Don't go explaining the differences in factory paints and non factory paint I know. I don't agree with this but the owner took delivery they have offered to repaint it will be a tough case to win in my opinion.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Just to throw a little perspective out here before this gets ugly, we're arguing over a truck and a problem that may not even exist. The owner has yet to post any pics of the problem. Personally, I think if this was legit, he or she would just post up the pics and let us decide.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Very curious. GM didn't offer me a new Corvette when I complained about the paint. The law does not require they give a new car. Unless you go through the Lemon law process, and bad paint doesn't meet that standard, all they owe you is a fix. Hard to believe you are buying a first run truck given they haven't even produced any in months and there is almost zero inventory out there. In talking with Service reps at two dealers they find this very difficult to believe. I hope it is happening for you but it would be highly unusual.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by baffa
Well brain child the owner is legit just not a computer geek like you and don't have the time, energy, or need to justify myself to you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you because quite simply you are no one. And FYI I had a meeting today with the district rep for gm and he personally looked over my vehicle and completely agreed with me and is in the process of looking for a new replacement truck for me. He said it must have been one of the first off the assembly line and they had to work out flaws in the paint process. So I ask you.....You like apples???? How bout them apples!! Finally.... light at the end of the tunnel!!

Still, it would be nice to see pictures so that others can be aware of the problem and what to look for. There are probably others out there with this same problem and they may not even be aware of it, especially if it was an assembly line problem. It may take time and energy to snap a couple of pictures, but you could help other owners identify a problem. That's kind of the point of these forums, to ask for and receive help and advice. After all, you posted this for help in your fight.

Anyway, I really hope things work out for you. I know I'd be super bummed if my paint was jacked up.

WGW

Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Well brain child the owner is legit just not a computer geek like you and don't have the time, energy, or need to justify myself to you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you because quite simply you are no one. And FYI I had a meeting today with the district rep for gm and he personally looked over my vehicle and completely agreed with me and is in the process of looking for a new replacement truck for me. He said it must have been one of the first off the assembly line and they had to work out flaws in the paint process. So I ask you.....You like apples???? How bout them apples!! Finally.... light at the end of the tunnel!!
Ummm...OK then. Remind me. Why did you post again? I thought you wanted the forum's help...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:02 PM

The date of manufactor is 11/08 so it has been around for almost a year. Sorry about the corvette.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by panamera

WRONG!!! its not thier obligation to give you a new one! All that they have to do is fix the problem ask a lawer! unless there is a MAJOR defect to the safety of the product then and only then should they have to give you a new car but for the paint which has NO impact on the safety of the car???? if you want to sue them go ahead but let me ask you do you have a team of lawers on staff? and can you handle buing in the court system for ten years or so? Take it back and have them repaint it the fixed car will have the reasale value that you so don`t understand! paint is paint!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:10 PM

You are pretty bitter I can tell. You shouldn't act this way on a forum where most members were understanding of your issue if not supportive. Sounds like you are finally getting the outcome you wanted and I hope it finally makes you happy. The H3 and H3T truly are unique vehicles and in my opinion, in ways a technologically advanced off-road vehicle. Being that you own one now there may come a time when you need to seek advice on this forum or one of the other Hummer forums. Considering your above quoted "lash out," you might not be so lucky here with the attitude you displayed. You might want to think about reading your post again and maybe editing it.

Good luck with your H3T and hopefully it'll end up being the vehicle you expect it to be.

Quick Reply: Horrible Factory Paint Job and Even Worse Customer Service at GM!!!