PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi!!! Missed ya all!!!....had some bad luck with hummer

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Default Hi!!! Missed ya all!!!....had some bad luck with hummer

To start off ...Missed ya all , good to be back with hummer pals!!.....Now the bad part and the empty pockets....GRRRRR I had this weird freaky radiator problem that the transmission oil leaked towards my radiator cooliant container and was mixing and running thru....bare with me i might not be wording it quite right but I will do my best ....was driving thru the Coq highway (which is very high elevation) the motor is really working theres alot of steep hills on this highway..... I felt it didnt have as much power as beforewhen i drove this highwaya month ago ...so i was watching all the temp controls and not much was really changing so i carried on ....Stopped at toll booth and noticed this milky pink stuff running out from my motor....opened the hood and sure enough the cooliant was milky pink, stillhad lots in the container just not right colour.....let it cooled down ,.....again i carried on , but watching temp controlseven more, still was running not right, just seemed to have no power and was really sucking to get up all these hills....stopped at gas station in Merritt and checked under hood again ...well still the samepink milky fluid coming out of cooliant container...gauges seemed to be still alright soback on the highway again .....WELL now the transmission gauge is getting higher andwhen i would press the gas it wouldn't really movewith the power it should of been doing ...GRRRR knew i was having some transmission problem at this point so did uturn thruaditch area to get back to the highway to go back to merritt as it was closer to that town then to Kamloops the town i was heading to ....as im driving slow the temp is starting to cool down ....ok bare with me sorry this is long story.....made it to a hotel as it was sunday and no gm dealer is open .....Next morning ....called dealership told them my problem and the first thing they asked was do i have warranty on it ....if i did they would not be able to look at it .....i said no it doesnt....they still said they wont, they dont have what is needed to check them over....I said can you just look at it to see maybe something simple ....maybe needing transmission oil is allthat might be needed ....they just flat out said no ...all i wanted was just look over like they would with any other vehicle ....So now i had to pay$270 for tow bill .....called the gm headoffice told them i needed the gm dealership here to look at my hummer as it is a gm product and they wouldnt even look at it....and they told me to take it to a hummer dealer ....whichclosest one is Vancouver....could justimagine that tow bill, i got the runaround it was like noone wanted towork on a hummer ....GRRRR towed it to kamloops and gm dealer worked on it and $1700.00 and a week later i got my baby back .....sorry for the long story but i had to vent out ....paid good money for this Gm vehicle but found out that not all Gm dealerships will work on them which i cant understand because isnt it the same motor as like in the denelli. yukons , and a few more , doesnt all motors kinda run mechanically the same way , which wouldnt most mechanics look at one motor the same as the other .... anyways the brighter side is i didnt need a new tranny....YIKES!!!! if it was that......well thanks for listening ....and has anyone else had this problem , and has any Gm dealerships turned you away because its a hummer......gangstagirl

Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Default RE: Hi!!! Missed ya all!!!....had some bad luck with hummer

THAT SUKS gangsta!!!![:@][:@]

Hindsight is a WONDERFUL thing!!! Extended warranty would've been SWEET!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Old 04-17-2007, 10:09 AM

Yes, it seems to be the unfortunate reality here in BC. When I had a problem with my H3 door lock, I called Duecks in Vancouver, and they said take it to any GM dealership for warranty. I tried 3 dealers in Kelowna, 2 in Vernon, and 1 in Kamloops. All but one said they would not be able to look at it, and the one that would, said they were not eager as they had no parts, and complained about how much trouble it was getting reimbursed throught GM. When I took it to Duecks last month when I was in Vancouver, and mentioned this, they said if this ever happened again to have that dealership phone them. Of course this was for warranty, so non-warranty might be different.

Glad your truck is all better!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 PM

That sucks! Glad everything worked out and you've got it back!

My dealership has told me that only GM dealership that sells Hummers will or should have a *certified* mechanic to work on the Hummers. I don't know what the differences are or aren't in the engines. But, I do know that they receive special training for Hummers. At least this is what I was told ...

Old 04-17-2007, 12:28 PM

And I have missed you

Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Hey Girl..glad you got the pink out..

But like Paige said...Today's Mr. Goodwrenches are all specialized so to speak...Kinda like goning to a Gynecologistfor a foot problem.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Hey Girl,
I was startin to wonder about you, where you been and all that kinda stuff...I am sorry to hear of your truck problems happy to hear it is fixed but the cost as you would say GRRRRRRRR! Well as for the dealerships it is sort of what Dennis said about the groinacologist with a foot problem. Well anyways glad you are back with us and on the road again.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 PM

this is a known problem with the H2s, i've heard of quite a few cases like this. a friend of mine just had it happen to him, at 42K miles and got GM to foot the bill even though he's out of warranty. you should get on the horn with GM and start rattling some cages.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 PM

Dang..That really does suck..glad you got your baby back and to see that you didn't desert us. Was wondering what happen to you.