PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hi-lift ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Default hi-lift ?

So I need to invest in a new jack.... What is the ideal size hi lift you guys that wheel are using... I will be using it for winching too if need be so I was thinking about the 60".... I'd rather have a little too much than not enough..... Lol. What are some of your opinions and experiences with some different size hi lifts......?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM

Hey Diggles I've got one sitting in my basement collecting dust I'll sell it to ya for $25. No s/h tho...It weighs a ton lol!
Chris

Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 AM

I have a Hi-Lift. Just does not feel safe to use even with the larger base. I WILL keep it and use it for a manual winch if needed.

I have purchased 4 of these for tire changes and rotations. Recently took 1 wheeling and had to replace a sliced sidewall on 1 rig AND a broken tie rod on another. Felt safe in both situations. I won't be using the Hi-Lift for any OffRoad related repairs any more. Best darn thing I have added to my "Wheeling Tools" in a while!
Powerbuilt® 3 Ton Jack & Jack Stand - Tractor Supply Online Store

Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM

That thing looks pretty cool. And it's only $30...... Have you tried the "off-road" base they have for the hi-lift?

Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by digglesworth
That thing looks pretty cool. And it's only $30...... Have you tried the "off-road" base they have for the hi-lift?
The off road base only really helps in not sinking into soft ground, like sand.
It does not make it any more stable.

I've used or seen others use a Hi-Lift a few times. Always made me nervous.

Last edited by Bunger; 04-24-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 AM
rsc

Lol, those used to be what came with your car up until the mid 70's. Always got a lecture on how unsafe they were from dad.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rsc
Lol, those used to be what came with your car up until the mid 70's. Always got a lecture on how unsafe they were from dad.
Yep! Me too!

Chris

Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 AM

Grandpa not old man...
Chris

Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I have a Hi-Lift. Just does not feel safe to use even with the larger base. I WILL keep it and use it for a manual winch if needed.

I have purchased 4 of these for tire changes and rotations. Recently took 1 wheeling and had to replace a sliced sidewall on 1 rig AND a broken tie rod on another. Felt safe in both situations. I won't be using the Hi-Lift for any OffRoad related repairs any more. Best darn thing I have added to my "Wheeling Tools" in a while!
Powerbuilt® 3 Ton Jack & Jack Stand - Tractor Supply Online Store
Hey Jackabonie, last time I checked, those Powerbuilt jackstands were made in China. Surprising that a "I only buy US products and I hate any American who buys foreign" union guy like you would not only admit to buying these Chinese-made products, let alone entrusting your life to a foreigner who made the product. A little bit hypocritical don't you think? Just another one of those things that make you go, hmmm...... BTW, I have a set of these jackstands, use them all the time, but then again, I don't stand on a "I only buy US" bully pulpit or single-out and bully members of one of the last forums who hasn't banned you because you got upset that they bought a Toyota or a foreign-made product.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
Hey Jackabonie, last time I checked, those Powerbuilt jackstands were made in China. Surprising that a "I only buy US products and I hate any American who buys foreign" union guy like you would not only admit to buying these Chinese-made products, let alone entrusting your life to a foreigner who made the product. A little bit hypocritical don't you think? Just another one of those things that make you go, hmmm...... BTW, I have a set of these jackstands, use them all the time, but then again, I don't stand on a "I only buy US" bully pulpit or single-out and bully members of one of the last forums who hasn't banned you because you got upset that they bought a Toyota or a foreign-made product.
You just don't know when to quit .... do ya?

Last edited by TAINTER; 06-27-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: hi-lift ?