Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   hi-lift ? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/hi-lift-30637/)

digglesworth 04-21-2013 10:39 AM

hi-lift ?

So I need to invest in a new jack.... What is the ideal size hi lift you guys that wheel are using... I will be using it for winching too if need be so I was thinking about the 60".... I'd rather have a little too much than not enough..... Lol. What are some of your opinions and experiences with some different size hi lifts......?

Happy Hummer 04-23-2013 11:04 PM

Hey Diggles I've got one sitting in my basement collecting dust I'll sell it to ya for $25. No s/h tho...It weighs a ton lol!
Chris

TAINTER 04-24-2013 12:34 AM

I have a Hi-Lift. Just does not feel safe to use even with the larger base. I WILL keep it and use it for a manual winch if needed.

I have purchased 4 of these for tire changes and rotations. Recently took 1 wheeling and had to replace a sliced sidewall on 1 rig AND a broken tie rod on another. Felt safe in both situations. I won't be using the Hi-Lift for any OffRoad related repairs any more. Best darn thing I have added to my "Wheeling Tools" in a while!
Powerbuilt® 3 Ton Jack & Jack Stand - Tractor Supply Online Store

digglesworth 04-24-2013 01:11 PM

That thing looks pretty cool. And it's only $30...... Have you tried the "off-road" base they have for the hi-lift?

Bunger 04-24-2013 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by digglesworth (Post 296409)
That thing looks pretty cool. And it's only $30...... Have you tried the "off-road" base they have for the hi-lift?

The off road base only really helps in not sinking into soft ground, like sand.
It does not make it any more stable.

I've used or seen others use a Hi-Lift a few times. Always made me nervous.

rsc 04-27-2013 07:56 AM

Lol, those used to be what came with your car up until the mid 70's. Always got a lecture on how unsafe they were from dad.

Happy Hummer 04-28-2013 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rsc (Post 296503)
Lol, those used to be what came with your car up until the mid 70's. Always got a lecture on how unsafe they were from dad.

Yep! :D Me too!

Chris

Happy Hummer 04-28-2013 11:17 AM

Grandpa not old man...
Chris

Bigunit 06-26-2013 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 296385)
I have a Hi-Lift. Just does not feel safe to use even with the larger base. I WILL keep it and use it for a manual winch if needed.

I have purchased 4 of these for tire changes and rotations. Recently took 1 wheeling and had to replace a sliced sidewall on 1 rig AND a broken tie rod on another. Felt safe in both situations. I won't be using the Hi-Lift for any OffRoad related repairs any more. Best darn thing I have added to my "Wheeling Tools" in a while!
Powerbuilt® 3 Ton Jack & Jack Stand - Tractor Supply Online Store

Hey Jackabonie, last time I checked, those Powerbuilt jackstands were made in China. Surprising that a "I only buy US products and I hate any American who buys foreign" union guy like you would not only admit to buying these Chinese-made products, let alone entrusting your life to a foreigner who made the product. A little bit hypocritical don't you think? Just another one of those things that make you go, hmmm......:D BTW, I have a set of these jackstands, use them all the time, but then again, I don't stand on a "I only buy US" bully pulpit or single-out and bully members of one of the last forums who hasn't banned you because you got upset that they bought a Toyota or a foreign-made product.

TAINTER 06-27-2013 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bigunit (Post 299166)
Hey Jackabonie, last time I checked, those Powerbuilt jackstands were made in China. Surprising that a "I only buy US products and I hate any American who buys foreign" union guy like you would not only admit to buying these Chinese-made products, let alone entrusting your life to a foreigner who made the product. A little bit hypocritical don't you think? Just another one of those things that make you go, hmmm......:D BTW, I have a set of these jackstands, use them all the time, but then again, I don't stand on a "I only buy US" bully pulpit or single-out and bully members of one of the last forums who hasn't banned you because you got upset that they bought a Toyota or a foreign-made product.

You just don't know when to quit .... do ya?