PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hi All....Just a positive post about our Hummers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Default Hi All....Just a positive post about our Hummers

This is part of an email from a division of Hummer management. I know the news is what it is at this point but I will not give up hope. I Love my H3 and hope they can pull through. I thought you guys would like it

GM announced Wednesday their plans to wind down the HUMMER brand after a failed attempt to unload the brand to a Chinese company – but for those quick to jump on the “R.I.P HUMMER” band wagon, here are a couple things to consider.
First, HUMMER’s wind-down process is going to be similar to SAAB’s. We reported here in December that GM was going to wind down SAAB. Practically everyone at GM had written off SAAB once the press release was out saying that negotiations were at an impasse and the brand would simply go away. As we now know, the SAAB deal was resurrected and now looks to be on the path to completion.
The HUMMER team will still be in place during the wind-down process, and during that time, GM and the staff will entertain any offers that come in. This wasn’t the case with Saturn. When negotiations to sell Saturn to Penske Automotive fell through, the entire idea of selling the brand was taken off the table. The fact GM is still willing to entertain offers for HUMMER that come in during the wind-down process shouldn’t be overlooked – which many (including us) did with SAAB at the time.
Also, keep in mind that before GM decided to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with Tengzhong, there were several interested and viable companies trying to purchase the HUMMER brand.
We don’t want to seem like we’re in denial of today’s news – we’re not. Today’s news was not a step in the right direction and things don’t look promising. All we’re saying is don’t give up all hope – it’s not over yet.
“Just like our vehicles are capable of overcoming major obstacles and gnarly terrain, so is the HUMMER brand,” said Carl Zipfel, HUMMER’s lead designer. “When off road and you get hung up or stuck you don’t just get out and walk away. That is why we won’t do that now with our brand…. Just look at the Saab deal as an example. We are not dead, might just need a winch and a buddy. Keep the faith.”

Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Nice thoughts but I'm not optimistic.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:03 AM

i liked this... gotta have a little faith: )

Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 AM

I still believe there is a chance that GM will find a buyer for Hummer.

Although the probability decreases daily.

I think the timing is bad for Hummer due to the economic conditions, the cost of fuel and poor PR, but the H3 and H3T are great products and that fact will give Hummer a change.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by portager
I still believe there is a chance that GM will find a buyer for Hummer.

Although the probability decreases daily.

I think the timing is bad for Hummer due to the economic conditions, the cost of fuel and poor PR, but the H3 and H3T are great products and that fact will give Hummer a change.
Why would we not adapt to a changing market??WTF?? Is this where American know how and skill is headed? C'mon Hummer. Keep the basic design, give it better fuel economy. It will sell!!!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:59 AM

Yes, with that new electric conversion and 100 MPG the Hummer would certainly sell.