PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help w/susp. or steering?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Default Help w/susp. or steering?

Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have had this symptom in the front end. So my truck was bouncing all over and i took it to the dealer, i already had a rear shock replaced so i figured one of the front ones went. they said no, your truck is out of alignment and your tires are badly cupped. so they aligned it and rotated the tires and it made the ride about 75% better. Then i went and bought new tires(kumho road venture sat kl61 285/75/16)http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images/?id=6030
and it drove even better but now sometimes when im driving around a bend in the freeway at say 55-65mph if it hits a bump a certain way it literally feels like both front tires are floating off the ground, so much so that from having pressure on the steering wheel while turning, when the front end bounces it jerks the steering wheel even more into the turn like its possible to turn the wheels sideways if i didnt let pressure off the wheel.

so i never remember this happening when i got the truck at 38k(now has 45k) with cupped tires, out of alignment and a bad rear shock. Is it possible the aligment and new tires are just masking a bigger issue? of course the dealer just thinks im paranoid because when they test drive it they drive around like theres a carton of eggs on the hood. and of course my warranty ends in 2 months so i need to figure this out. The dealer is also giving me the "its a truck" line. which my response is well i guess i should get my grand cherokee back because it handled the same roads alot better. but i know my h3 should ride sturdier so any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.