PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help with service from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Default Help with service from dealer

Hellow fellow Hummer owners,
My 3 month old Hummer H3is back in the shop for the third time.
Last friday I had a stabilty traction failure needs service warning .I set a appointment for today to drop off the H3 , and at the same time have them look into my rough idle/vibration at stop/park , my low gas mileage of 11-12 mpg (City with a little Hwy). I got a call a little bit ago from the service deptment saying they have to order in a new relay for the transfer case ( Same problem as last time , but only one failure/warning instead of 5 ) , and they told me everything test fine , that there is no cause for the low gas mileage , and the vibration is because my Borla exhaust is slightly touching the frame. I had the same rough idle/vibration when I bought it and took it in 2 dayslater . At that time they said it needs to break in being a new vehicle( but I didn't have the Borladual exhaust put on at that time ), plus Hummers are known for a rough idle....(.NOT...neither the one I test droveor the loaner from when my H3 was in for service before had the rough idle /vibration )......I see lets blame the after marketBorla exhaust .
Were doI go from here ? 11-12 mpg on a stock H3 with 32" tires .The salesman originally told me I'd get better than the posted 16/17 city on the dealer stickers , causeI have a stock H3 with no roof rails , lights , or brush gaurd that adds weight and resistance.( I did add the roof marker lights , and cross bars , but the Borla should of evened that out , shouldn't it of ??....I still only got @12 before I added these iteams). I asked the service guy if they checked the engine mounts , belts , and air filter from advise on this forum and he said they did. Theres nothing more to checkor test , that these H3 have a sophesticated diagnostic system that would of alerted them if something was wrong.

Is this the best I can hope for inregards to MPG..I could see ifI had some of your 'alls 35 " tires with lift kits , and I'm allways gunning it , but thats not my case.

I also thought it was bulls*#T , thatI brought in my splash guards thatI bought elsewhere ( Huskys w/ H3 molded logo..still have to buy the logos). I figured they would install them for what they charge to install the OEM ones .They charge $98.00 for front and back splash guards , or $132.00 installed.I figured they would charge me the $ 35.00 difference...heck no , they wanted to charge me $79.00 to install them .I asked why so much , when you only charge @ $35.00 if I bought them from you guy's , ..."no thats because we give you a discount on installation if you buy them from us."......yeah right.

I love my H3 to death , but this is getting rediculous................Laters , Shawn

Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Help with service from dealer

my h3 idled like a dream untill check engine light came on ,had it checked at dealer bad cylinder head. had to wait 2 weeks for head in that time idle and gas mil. got bad. have they checked for bad head?

Old 02-28-2007, 06:56 PM

No , they are in denial over the bad head/valve issue. My Vin number is just barely over the effected range of Vin #'s , but that may not mean jack....Thanks for your advise , I'll mention that to them again.
.................................................. ..........................Laters , Shawn

Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 PM

I called the service guy back about the head/valve recalls , and this guy at least admitted to that problem.
He said that was the first thing they checked whenI broght 'er in , even though there wasn't any misfire codes recorded in my H3.He admitted that they have had to change the heads on about 40 H3's , and if that was the problem they actually had the heads in stock, but I'm one of the lucky ones that had the new heads from the factory.......Dam..not thatI wanted to have that problem , but at least it would of explained what was happening to my H3 , and it could fix my problems.