PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seat wont stay off!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Question Heated Seat wont stay off!

HELP! I'm hoping to figure out the solution to a problem that has been driving me nuts and now that it is getting warm outside I am dreading driving my hummer because I cant turn the heated seats off. I have a 2006 Hummer H2 with heated seats and the heated seat for the drivers seat wont stay off no matter what I do or how many times I turn it off with the button in the door. Sometimes it will turn back on within 10 seconds and other times it can take 1 to 2 minutes - it is so random and frustrating. The button to turn the seats on/up/down works just fine but no matter what I set it to it will automatically start cycling through the levels over and over again. For example, lets say I start the car and I don't turn the heated seats on. About 10 to 60 seconds later it will turn on to the lowest level setting and then every 10 seconds it goes up a level until its on full and then turns off and starts back over again at low. One thing I noticed is that I can hear a "click" from under the dashboard(or under seat maybe) when it turns on by itself(shorted relay?)

So I guess my questions would be:
1. Is there a unit or relay that I can replace?
2. Does anyone know which fuse can temporarily disable the heated seat(s)?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Sounds like a bad switch to me. Not sure if you can pop the switch out of the door panel or remove the panel. You could unplug the switch from behind. I would use a credit card to slide behind the plastic switch and gently pry with a small screw driver. If it doesnt seem like it wants to come out. Stop and take the door panel off.

Or there may be a connector beside or under seat that you could unplug. I would check mine for you , but it is in the shop.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:42 AM

Something similar happened to me. It was the ground on the plug under the seat.
check the plug , you'll see a burn wire Just remove it and bypass the plug
hopefully it helps