PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM

My lights wont light up on the side of the chair unless the seatbelt is clicked, I havent payed attention to see if someone must be sitting in the seat.
________
DONGFENG HONDA AUTOMOBILE COMPANY

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dirtman2009
My lights wont light up on the side of the chair unless the seatbelt is clicked, I havent payed attention to see if someone must be sitting in the seat.
Hmmmm..my indicators come on regardless if I'm in the seat or the seatbelts are clicked.
I have a 2007 H3X. Your Service Manager should be able set you straight?

Bob

Last edited by D VADER; 12-17-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:56 AM

I am fine with the way my are seats working... I said mine is a 2009 model... I bet it is a safety feature or a feature to protect you from using a seat that no one is sitting in to help conserve the life of the heated seat.
________
Mflb

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:51 AM

i just got my 06 H3 about a month ago.. and noticed my heated seats aren't working... no indicator lights coming on when i'm out of the seat or on the seat. Both driver and passenger!! Guess I check the fuse first? Doesn't seem like that shld go out. frustrating!!

Did u figure out why your seat isn't working?

~jenn

Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Default 07 H3 Heated seat not working neither

I just purchased an 07 H3 fully loaded and the driver's side heated seat is not working at all. The light illuminates on the switch in Hi or Lo position but no heat. The passenger side works great. According to the owner's manual, there is only 1 fuse (Fuse #1) controlling both seats. I didn't open the fuse box yet, I know my passenger seat works great. The fuse must be good. By the way, the passenger seat heater will only work when the seat belt is fastened. This only applies to the passenger side. Reagardless if I'm buckle or not in the driver's seat, it still doesn't put out any heat. I also read in the owner's manual (page 417)that a circuit breaker is located under the drivers' side for the heated seat. I will look at that tonight. It doesn't say if the breaker only controls the driver's or both seats. If anyone has any ideas of what it could be, please help me out, my butt is frozen.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 AM

Check the wiring under the seat near the runner rails. One of mine got cut and shorted out. Service rerouted the wire and replaced the fuse.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Searching the forum to find out why my pass heated seat would not work, I found this thread.
Someone wrote that the pass seat must be occupied for the heater to operate. Someone else said that the seatbelt must be latched for it to operate. So I checked, and my 06 model will work with the seatbelt latched. It does not have to be occupied. I thought it was broken. I like the idea that the belt must be latched. Otherwise, the heater could remain on for weeks, or even years and the driver might not know it due to the fact that the driver can not see the light on the switch. Should help it from not failing prematurely from being left on.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jefferyg63
Searching the forum to find out why my pass heated seat would not work, I found this thread.
Someone wrote that the pass seat must be occupied for the heater to operate. Someone else said that the seatbelt must be latched for it to operate. So I checked, and my 06 model will work with the seatbelt latched. It does not have to be occupied. I thought it was broken. I like the idea that the belt must be latched. Otherwise, the heater could remain on for weeks, or even years and the driver might not know it due to the fact that the driver can not see the light on the switch. Should help it from not failing prematurely from being left on.
Don' they turn off every time you turn the vehicle ignition off? Then you have to push the button to start them up again? That's how it works in my H2.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Default #53 fuse

When I got my 07 back in Oct.2011, I noticed that the heated seats were not working. So I did like a lot of people on this forum and checked fuse #1 and it was good but the heated seats did not work. A few people have had heated seat problems on this forum and I looked at every one and really did not come up with a solution to the problem. I downloaded a manual and started to look at the electrical for the heated seats and noticed that the switch had a 10amp fuse on the block at #53 so I pulled it out and it was blown. Replaced it and I now have heated seats. I did not realize that the switch lights up (not very bright) and I just was not understanding when people were saying that their switch lights up.
Well if #53 is blown, the switch is not going to light. So in conclusion if you are having problems with your heated seats, check fuse #1 20amp for the heated seats and fuse #53 10amp for the switch.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM

Have problem with passenger side not heating in 2007 H3. Checked #1 and 53 fuses and both are good. any ideas on where to look now?

Quick Reply: Heated seat not working