Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Heated seat not working (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/heated-seat-not-working-17643/)

dunringil 12-11-2009 07:28 AM

Heated seat not working

My passenger side heated seat is not working. Is there a separate fuse, or do I need to look deeper into the problem?

RKSmith163 12-11-2009 08:17 AM

The passenger side heated seat needs to be occupied to work but I am sure you read this in your manual.

dunringil 12-11-2009 01:38 PM

Actually, I didn't realize that, but it's not working even when occupied.

RKSmith163 12-11-2009 09:36 PM

When occupied and the switch not in the center position (OFF) does the icon glow red? If not, if I were troubleshooting it, my first step would be to check the manual to see if there is fuse specific to that seat. I kinda doubt it. Also check the connector underneath the seat to make sure it has not become disconnected or damaged. If the fuse is good, the wiring is not loose or damaged, check the voltage at plug under the seat. Should be 12V. I assume the same sensor that gives the seat belt warning and turns the passenger side airbag on and off with occupancy also activates the heater. If the passenger side airbag activates and the seat belt warning light comes on when occupied then that eliminates that possibility. Hope this helps.

Ryan Graham 12-13-2009 06:20 PM

The seatbelt also has to be buckled. At least that's what the dealer told me.

D VADER 12-14-2009 12:55 PM

When my heater seat stopped working the service dept found the seat at the sliding rails ran over a wire and blew the fuse. They re-routed the wire and all is fine now.

Dirtman2009 12-16-2009 12:44 AM

mine was also doing this and it was because the passenger seatbelt was not buckled... maybe that is your problem also?
________
Marijuana News

D VADER 12-16-2009 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dirtman2009 (Post 213796)
mine was also doing this and it was because the passenger seatbelt was not buckled... maybe that is your problem also?

Strange...my heaters work regardless of the seatbelts. I turn mine on while warming up the engine on cold days.

Dirtman2009 12-16-2009 10:13 AM

Your passenger side will still heat up? I was having problems with mine and I took it to the dealer and they checked everything and it all was fine. As I was leaving, they reminded me that the seat belt must be buckled for the heat to work, and after they told me that I havent had any problems. Now the driver side on the other hand in my H3 works regardless of the seatbelt. My truck is a 09 model, maybe it is a new safety feature or something like that?
________
Bmw r1200gs

D VADER 12-16-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dirtman2009 (Post 213816)
Your passenger side will still heat up? I was having problems with mine and I took it to the dealer and they checked everything and it all was fine. As I was leaving, they reminded me that the seat belt must be buckled for the heat to work, and after they told me that I havent had any problems. Now the driver side on the other hand in my H3 works regardless of the seatbelt. My truck is a 09 model, maybe it is a new safety feature or something like that?

Do your indicator lights on the side of the seats light up when in the on postion w/ no seat belts or setting in the seats?