PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM

i would like to get the rear one 2 just for the hell of it. if some *** gets on my *** give them a quick flick of the switch on then off and they will be like what the ***. i will be puting the amber euro on in a few days and i think they have 20 led's in it. have the stock headlight but i put piaa bulbs in and made a big difference. also run piaa bulbs in my fog lights, i have reacon marker lights with the smoked lens so it would blend in. i did not no with the light bar on top if it would be to much so i wanted it to blend so it would be hardly noticeable except when they are on and it came out great. i am replacing the front left and right side amber light with piaa led bulbs while i have access to them. i replace the rear stock tail lights with euro led made by ipcw and i went with the ruby red housing and wow what a difference and if u are interested they normally sell between $300 - $350 but if u go to www.matrixracing.com they are on a big sale for $219.99 and thats for the ruby red,clear,or smoke and the bermuda are $249.99 i think they are still on sale and they are complete plug n play and very easy to install and nothing like the front corner amber that requires all that crap to come off.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 PM

@lucky

SMA went out of business, so it might be a bit difficult to locate one. Here in Europe we have to run amber turn signals, so I need tail lights like the H3T. I definitely agree with your plans of going with some long lasting bulbs while you have the unit out. I wanted to go with LEDs and a load resistor, but none of the local stores had any (and I wanted to not wait and get my light back together).

On your HUMMER, do the corner lights (your are swapping for the LED ones) act as your DRLs, or have they made them into turn indicators? I had to mod mine as you cannot have amber running lights. Amber can only be used for turn indicators.

Look forward to your install pics.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Banned

i like the news and the picture

Old 04-18-2009, 01:26 PM

those side lights are drl and do not act as turn signals,but the front corner that i am replacing with the led are drl and turn signals. i just put a set of led in the sides last night and just ended up going with a led that the local shop has and it work good and best off all it is rated for 100,000 hrs so most likely will not need to replace any time in the near future unless it gets hit by some 1. just did my first brake job in my life and it was so easy. it took me longer to get the tire off and back on then it did to change the pads. i ended up going ceramic and the dealer wanted $275 installed and i paid $60 for all the parts i needed. brake pads,greser,brake cleaner and a c-clamp. man i cant believe they were going to charge that much to to such little work and that was for the rear , i have not done the front yet but probally will when they need to be changed.