PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazard Lights and Water Seepage

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Default Hazard Lights and Water Seepage

Good day everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me here. I was out shopping during a rain shower and my hazard lights started flashing on and off for no reason. I tried turning them off but they wouldn't go off. When I got home I pulled the fuses. I also noticed water seeping into the car. Water was from dripping from underneath my glove compartment. You think the two probems could be related? Will be taking it in but not until end of the coming week. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

rushl

Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Water seepage not sure of, as far as hazards,if you hit them, mine get stuck sometimes. Have to get small knife and pull button out.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 PM

sounds pretty serious

Old 04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Default More Issues

So I take the car to the dealer. They ended up replacing the body control module. They also claim the water was from clogged sunroof drains. They actually charged me $100 just to clean the sunroof drains. If anyone knows how to clean these out PLEASE let me know. But here's the kicker.

I finally get my car back after several hours. I drive it home. I didn't notice any problems at first until I got home and tried to lock my doors. Neither the automatic locks nor the power locks work. My driver side window isn't working either. All of these items worked fine before the car was serviced. Just my luck, right?!

Old 04-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

driver door,??? wow its been 5 hrs and nobody told you?

every day theres a discussion about,,? cures?, just read around the forum awhile.

while youre reading pull your batt cables and short them together. when you finish reading,u mite find the problem gone,,,we hope

Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 AM

Sounds like the BCM is having an issue or could be faulty wiring. I would bring it back, it should be covered since they just installed it.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Default More BS but a happy ending for now

I tried touching the battery cables together. Didn't work. The window still wouldn't roll down and the power locks still didn't work. I take it down to the dealer the next morning. They didn't even look it at it. They just claimed it was probably a short and would require another insurance claim which meant another deductible for me.

Long story short. I didn't get it fixed and a day or so later everything started working again. Let's hope it stays they way for a little while. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 AM

sunroof drains cleaned in 10 mns at $0...put an air hose down the hole and blow it open........

Old 04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

put an air hose down the hole and blow it open........
i dont know how hoses are connected but id guess they plug onto the drains. i also bet they could be blown off. i notice at about 30 inches they must turn?? and this would be a good place for debris to collect.
if blown off ALL future water will drain into the headliner.
the drains are there because the skylites always leak a little,every rain and wash.

u mite want to verify that some test water actually comes out under the h3 by the wheels,(not in headliner) b4 going too far.

edit 1020 am

"They just claimed it was probably a short"
when they ,anyone,says this,its a cover up for lack of knowledge,its bs,and you can call them on it. just ask"whats a short" and wait for more coverup bs. pin them down,then remind them that shorts blow fuses and the h3 has fuses everywhere. so a fuse would be blown if they were right.
ya gotta fine tune your bs filter!

btw a short is when two wires touch when they arnt supposed to,like plug a paper clip into a ac outlet!

Last edited by drtom; 04-16-2011 at 10:27 AM.