PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T rock sliders what options are there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Default H3T rock sliders what options are there?

I just got a H3T over the winter and I've had it offroading a few times now. Well I dented my rear door and had to get it fixed so I figured I would get some rock sliders. Looking around the internet I found 3. Rocky roads, NFAB and KPE. The NFAB's look more like nerf bars and NFAB is not known for good sliders. I read that someone bent their rocky roads. I had a set of rocky roads on my Jeep and I saw less than impressed. KPE's stick out way too far and seem like they are made from a smaller size tube than the Rockies so that can't be good.

I went to a local fab shop and they wanted 1500$ to make me a set. That was for weld on sliders and they were going to relocate my brake cable. I did find on here a few guys making their own but I don't think they were for me.

Chances are I'll end up going to the fab shop but I thought I would join the forum and ask first. Maybe someone could give a good review on the rocky roads? I'm not a fan but if people don't have issues with them, and a lot of you got them maybe they started making a better product since I last had a set on my Jeep and I should look into getting a pair...

Thanks in advance, I'm very green to the internet and the H3T in general so please forgive me if I'm not asking the proper question.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Check with Brodie at www.ridgedemon.com. He has been fabricating custom rocker panel protection/sliders for the H3 and I can't remember if he is making them for the H3T or not. I don't have a set of Brodie's but the reviews on the product have been very good and they are supposedly the stoutest sliders out there. His price was also considerably lower than what you were quoted from the fab shop.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Check with Brodie at www.ridgedemon.com. He has been fabricating custom rocker panel protection/sliders for the H3 and I can't remember if he is making them for the H3T or not. I don't have a set of Brodie's but the reviews on the product have been very good and they are supposedly the stoutest sliders out there. His price was also considerably lower than what you were quoted from the fab shop.
Thanks you. That makes 4 choices now.

The website redirects me to rd offroad but it says ridge demon at the top so I assume that's the rite place. They call them Rock Bashers instead of rock sliders, that's kind of neat. They look to be bolt on but it don't say.

Would you happen to have a phone number or email for that company? I don't see anything on their website for it.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by rockracr
Thanks you. That makes 4 choices now.

The website redirects me to rd offroad but it says ridge demon at the top so I assume that's the rite place. They call them Rock Bashers instead of rock sliders, that's kind of neat. They look to be bolt on but it don't say.

Would you happen to have a phone number or email for that company? I don't see anything on their website for it.
I have seen the Rock Basherz upclose and personal. They are as stout as you will get for the H3T. I lent a hand in the installation of the prototypes and the production version. YES, they are bolt on using the existing factory holes and no E-brake modifications are needed except you have to cut the zip tie to install them and then reinstall the zip tie! CBphoto on here has the first production set. I am saving up to replace my Rocky Roads with the Rock Basherz on our H3T.

Ridge Demon is currently revamping their website so a lot of the information is not on there yet. Contact Brodie the owner of Ridge Demon @:

sales@ridgedemon.com

He will answer all of your questions. Oh, by the way they ship in actual Body Bags which is pretty cool or disturbing depending on the way you look at it.
I have included some pix during production and complete!

Very thick brackets (this one goes around the e-brake cable)
Name:  08112010984.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  40.6 KB

Great welds with very good penitration:
Name:  070120111238-1.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  82.0 KB

Each bracket has a gusset for even more strength:
Name:  100220111517.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  50.6 KB

Completed underside view (protects the door as well as the pinch seam welds):
Name:  Underside2.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  48.2 KB

Skid Plate is smooth at both ends to aid in "sliding or bashing":
Name:  RearSliderEdge.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  31.6 KB

The rear extends all the way back to protect the bed also (can be used as a step to enter the bed):
Name:  BedStep.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  90.2 KB

Weight tested (600lbs+ didn't budge these bad boys):
Name:  600lbsOfMUBrodie.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  93.6 KB

Old 03-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Thanks guys.