PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T Expedition Rack

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:00 AM

I couldn't get mine to fit either, so come oooooooooon THORparts . I've got a floater too, lol, can't wait to move it out.

Last edited by beachbum; 06-28-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
No can do. My tire measures 35 1/4". I tried centering it but it just hit the trailer hitch. So with that issue, I got rid of the winching system. I was using my bumper as a shovel even with the 33 under there. I'm not too concerned with it. Also like Stan said, it would suck to have to get under the truck in the winter to get the tire out from under there. Luckily I haven't had to yet and I hope I never do. But if I do, I will stay warm.
Jesse, that is strange! The Interco Super Swamper Radial/TSL is 35.3 so that would be larger than 35 and 1/4 (slightly). Maybe something is bent up back under there from not having the spare under there or I am just better at workin' a large thing into a small spot?

Originally Posted by CBphoto
MAN UP.....if you have pretty clothes on that you don't want to ruin, push the little Blue botton & let OnStar do it for you, Princesses....might take 6 or 8 hrs, but if your dress is expensive, it might be worth it. Or put on a big condom over your clothes. Do your husbands wheel also?
WOW, Princess and a Dress? I would have said "hike up your skirt" but that stuff right there is getting down and dirty! Between friends, I like it!

Old 06-28-2011, 02:01 PM

How did you mount the rack to the bed rails?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:05 PM

I did nothin' special, just centered my Cooper STT 315/75/R16 in the mount below. I've wheeled Drummond Island, Rocks & Valleys, and Rausch Creek with the spare as is, never an issue whatsoever. Never have cut a spare, only driven tires!

Although I can see your points about having to change the tire in poor conditions, you'll need to all MAN UP.....if you have pretty clothes on that you don't want to ruin, push the little Blue botton & let OnStar do it for you, Princesses....might take 6 or 8 hrs, but if your dress is expensive, it might be worth it. Or put on a big condom over your clothes. Do your husbands wheel also?

C'mon Jesse, work that tire in there...it'll fit.

You got an after-market trailer hitch Jesse? Mine is stock 2010 HUMMER, no issues at all, your's is an '09, right? Maybe the configuration is different, but MU's is an '09 stock I think...so maybe you've just got to torch some xtra metal off of that trailer hitch? Get under it & send a pic, we'll compare, I can bring a torch up to Drummond Island to fix that for you.

You an official Electrician now? Pass the test??? I'm gonna assume you're now a Union Man, will treat you accordingly...nobody at camp will be allowed to touch ANY electrical cord/outlet/appliance without your approval or safety inspection.

CB
Yes! I am official for the electrician. I have been in the union for two years already, so I am that much closer to retirement!!! I will have to turn a blind eye to the dangers that lurk at the campsite. All of my truck is stock. I tried centering it but I get frustrated easily when things don't work out to my benefit. It seems like every mod that I have done, don't turn out right. I guess I am just prone to disaster. I am fine with the tire in the bed. I was going to buy a Fabtech mount, but then I bought the tool boxes and now it won't fit. I will have to do some fabrication.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Although I can see your points about having to change the tire in poor conditions, you'll need to all MAN UP.....if you have pretty clothes on that you don't want to ruin, push the little Blue botton & let OnStar do it for you, Princesses....might take 6 or 8 hrs, but if your dress is expensive, it might be worth it. Or put on a big condom over your clothes. Do your husbands wheel also?
That's some funny stuff...

To be fair though, the argument for putting your spare up over the bed is pretty similar to why buying your winch mount is a good idea!

Originally Posted by beachbum
I couldn't get mine to fit either, so come oooooooooon THORparts . I've got a floater too, lol, can't wait to move it out.
Dude, I'm so psyched about our new bumpers...

Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Sugarphreak, I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: that rack is fantastic.

(Second nicest one I've seen...

after my girlfriend )

Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by beitodesstrafe

after my girlfriend )
Wow. That was pretty bad.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by beitodesstrafe
Sugarphreak, I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: that rack is fantastic.

after my girlfriend )

I try. I try.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 PM

Yah, but you've seen Jake's girlfriend, right? She's damn cute.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Between friends, I like it!

I promise you won't get the Princess treatment!

Quick Reply: H3T Expedition Rack