PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Will Not Start, Red Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Default H3 Will Not Start, Red Light

Guys,
Just got a call from my wife that our H3 will not start for her. Mentioned that there is a red light on the rear view mirror, also a locked lock appeared on the front dash and the battery, which I think lights up always when trying to start. She also mentioned the clock got reset to 12:00.
I am thinking the battery went dead or possibly cables got loose, although we never had any issues with car not starting, can it just go from good to bad in one night? Has anyone experienced similar problems or could suggest a possible cause ?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Is your H3 an 06/07? If so it is probably a bad battery connection caused by the crappy terminals, but a dead battery or one with a bad cell can also cause a problem.

Ever since I replaced my stock 07 terminals with Stinger terminals, I have never had a no start issue. Before I swapped them, I had several no starts on fridgid cold mornings. My fingers were numb by the time I fiddled with the terminals to get her to fire up.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Is your H3 an 06/07? If so it is probably a bad battery connection caused by the crappy terminals, but a dead battery or one with a bad cell can also cause a problem.

Ever since I replaced my stock 07 terminals with Stinger terminals, I have never had a no start issue. Before I swapped them, I had several no starts on fridgid cold mornings. My fingers were numb by the time I fiddled with the terminals to get her to fire up.
Yes mine is an 06 but never had start problems before, got it in 2005 so battery lasted 4 years and 8 months thus far, I guess it aint bad (if it is the battery). I thought about checking the connections but I am thinking about getting a new battery anyways to keep as a spare in case this one does die. Any suggestions as to batteries? I have checked Sears, PepBoys, Advance Auto Parts and Autozone websites but they really list nothing for H3. I really do not feel like driving to each store to find what batteries they sell and if they have mine

Old 06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Banned
Default new batt

when i buy a new one i look at mine,then go to the store and look at the dozens till i find one that looks like mine. i buy the biggest that will fit in the space since there is no one batt for a car. biggest cranking amps.

my next will be that big round celled whiz bang on the shelf at az.looks awsome.

do be sure the cables will fit

tom

Old 06-16-2010, 01:43 PM

man I called every AutoZone in my area and none have a Duralast in stock for me, the model that they show fits my car will no longer be sold and the 86-DLG which supposedly fits is also being discontinued and none are in stock. They can not order any either so looks like Hummer is done and we cant buy batteries anymore LMAO. I called my dealer and they want $161.21 for their battery after the discount for returning the old one. Are they insane? I can buy the Red Top for $20 less on Amazon and don't have to return the old one (not that I care but probably would get money back for it). You guys know where I can still get a battery ?

I called Sears and they told me they do not make Die Hard batteries for my car, but how come I have seen people online use them ? are they using ones not specifically made for H3 but still work ? Can anyone tell me what model I should be looking for.

Update: Called PepBoys and they have Bosch batteries for H3 $103.99 minues $12 for my old one making it $91.99..... much better deal and finally someone that still sells batteries for H3s'. 8 Year Warranty with 3 years replacement.

Also found local shop that has Interstate batteries $101 minues the $12, anyone know which of these two would be a better choice?

Last edited by Raffi76; 06-16-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM

this is insane

Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Banned
Default yeah

gas is gas, you can use any regular!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 PM

read Brickwurx mfg.'s post about 8 post down...exactly the problem I had. Took mine to the dealer and replaced the part.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15913

Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM

what the hell are u people talking about ? what does gas have to do with batteries ? and also the other problem is nothing like mine. the car just wont start

short story I picked up the Bosch battery, installed and works fine now. however, when they checked in computers the guy told me Bosch 86-630B is the model for my car, the computer showed it fits 2006 H3. I looked in the book and that battery is made 2009 H3 and up and is not listed next to 2006 H3. It is a bit smaller and has 90Ah as opposed to 50Ah from the AC Delco battery I pulled, also less ACC at 630 vs 690 for the Delco Battery. I know these are just crank numbers and not so important but the amperage should be. my biggest concern is i had to stick in some wooden wedges under the belt to make it tight as battery is a bit smaller. do you guys suppose this battery will be ok ?

Old 06-16-2010, 10:15 PM

I had the same problem, it was the alarm ....... !!!!!

Quick Reply: H3 Will Not Start, Red Light