PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 vs. JK

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Don't ignore resale value

Name:  liftedjeep.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  20.6 KB

Thats my Brothers JK, my H3 is in my siggy. We trade trucks every Thursday and Friday so I put alot of miles on his jeep. The poster that said the only jeep you can compare to the H# is the sahara...is completely wrong!! The rubicon is the only one that compares to the h3, stock with 32's front and rear lockers, electric sway bar disco's, danna 44 front and rear (sahara gives you a dana 30 up front I believe[:'(])

If I were buying and my main reason was for off-road I would have to go with the JK unlimited right now...just a better off-road machine. You do sacrifice some on the road but thats mainly due to the solid front axle. If was buying and it was mainly for a daily driver/family truck with weekend trails but still having the capability to do some extreme wheeling then I would go with the again. If the aftermarket EVER catches up with their H3 crap then it would be a completely different ballgame, because then we could add a locking front diff, stronger diffs all around and other goodies taht would make the h3 dominate the rubicon off-road. The only thing the h3 has over the rubi is that you can stuff a 35 stock on the h3 but need to install a 4" lift to do it on a jk....not an easy lift to install...I will never do it again

ZSedona...no they ride very nicely on the street, even with the lift and 35's the ride is very comparable to the h3. A litle more stiff due to the solid front axle but NOTHING like the previous wranglers.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Default Decision Made

I wanted to thank all of you for your input on this thread. I made a decision and a purchase. I decided to go with the JK. The main reasons are these (not necessarily in this order):

1. Open air option. Roof and doors removable
2. More inexpensive
3. Lots of aftermarket goodies to spend too much money on.

I still drool when I drive by the Hummer dealership, but I felt the JK was a better fit for my current needs. I hope to see you all on the trails.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Default RE: Decision Made

if you got the JK rubi, then it's not any more inexpensive. If you got less than a rubi then you bought an inferior off road machine than the h3 in order to save a few bucks.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:23 PM

I didn't get the Rubi. The X that I did buy is more than capable for what I plan to do with it (mild to medium trails). I believe both JK X modeland H3 are very similarly matched in performance. The Rubi I believe to be a pretty superior off-roader than anything out there for the extremest, but like you said, too pricey.

Not trying to argue, but I've seen pics of what the Rubis can do. There, unfortunately, are not alot of pics with a H3 doing moch on the trails or on the rocks. I suppose that was part of my decision as well. The Jeepers seem to really like to wheel their vehicles more. I'm not saying that Hummer folks don't, I just don't see alot of evidence of it.

I am still a huge Hummer fan. I just had to make a choice. One had to not get purchased. Can't afford both.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: txskydiver

Not trying to argue, but I've seen pics of what the Rubis can do. There, unfortunately, are not alot of pics with a H3 doing moch on the trails or on the rocks. I suppose that was part of my decision as well. The Jeepers seem to really like to wheel their vehicles more. I'm not saying that Hummer folks don't, I just don't see alot of evidence of it.
I honestly don't think there's a right or wrong choice here, just personal preferences... The reason you see more Jeepers wheeling is because there are a good 10 times as many of them on the road or off the road as the case may be.. The Jeep has been around a lot longer than the H3...

Old 01-16-2007, 10:22 PM

you are just on the wrong site if you want pics of h3's wheeling. There are a ton of pics of h3's in rubicon,moab,prismo,paragon on other sites.

With any JK other than a rubi you will get a dana 30 front axle, which is junk. If you want to even compete with an H3 you will need to put on a 4.5" lift and run 35's, on a d30 axle that is pushing it....big time.I am a jeeper at heart also and I love taking out the JK rubi, but the x just doesn't compare to the h3. not to knock your choice, but comparing a non rubi jeep to an h3 is laughable.

good luck with your Jeep.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 AM

The way I see it is that they both have their strong and weak points both on and off the road. Neither is far superior to the other. One is superior than the other in certain aspects of on or off-road. Like I said earlier. For what I will be doing with mine - both fit the bill. In this case, I saved alot of money for my choice (which is important right now) and I get to enjoy open air driving. I've enjoyed my fiance's 97 TJ so I know I like that aspect of the Jeep vs just a sunroof in my Ram 1500. I enjoyed many things about the H3 when I test drove them several timesand believe me - it was a tough decision. I wouldn't knock the H3 at all. I believe it to be a very capable machine. I would love to be on the trail and either pull one out of the mud or have it pull ME out of the mud. Whichever happens, we are all doing what these things are made for, which is wheeling and having a great time. It sure would be boring to see only Jeeps or only Hummers on the trail. I like diversity.

Meet me anytime and lets play in the mud. I'm itching to get her dirty.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 AM

I drove a Ribicon today for the first time..and let me just say, for the LAST time too...It maybe a killer at off roading , but on asphalt, it is a manure wagon...I'm sorta biased I'll admit to keeping an Asphalt queen, but the JEEP lacks so much of the simple road refinement and comfort it should have for that ridiculous price tag...The H3 on it's worst day, far exceeds the Rubi on Road ..Off road I'm not sure about..but it wouldn't matter to me as much as the on road manners do.

cha-ching.. .02

Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 AM

a jk rubi? if not you need to drive the JK rubi, longer wheelbase really refined the ride. Stock for stock I actually think the jk rubi drove nicer on road...different strokes for different folks I guess.