PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 service charge system

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Default H3 service charge system

07 H3 says service charge system on the miles screen. i dont have a book to it and i searched the internet/ this forum before i asked what that could be. i didnt know if it just ment the battery or something. has anybody had this happen or knows anything about it? thanks

Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM

The battery was dead in my 08 h3 this morning. I tried jumping it and got it to start, but it died as soon as jumper cables were removed. Just installed a new battery and now it shows charge sys service on the dic.

Is there a reset or do you think my alternator died as well?

Sorry to thread jack.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 PM

GMC Canyon GMC Canyon, 2008, 3.7L engine, auto transmission. The - JustAnswer

Here ya go.. bottom of page. All about your questions.
CHRIS

Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Default Mega fuse

Thanks Chris! That link helped a lot. I was about to try to replace the dreaded alternator. Turned out that the 125a mega fuse was blown. I bought one at the GM dealership and that took care of message on the dic.

Now for the rest of the story. My wife had Columbus Day off yesterday. I was at work when she called me telling me that her hummer was dead. I asked her if she thought she could jump start it with our jeep jk. I was talking her through it over the phone. I told her to make sure she connected pos. to pos. and neg to neg. Well she tells me that the jumper cables are sparking when she tried to hook them up. She realizes that she has them crossed. I told her to forget about driving the hummer and just take the jeep to go to her Dr.s appointment.

So I figure that's what blew the mega fuse. I also found the fuse for the radio blown as well. The air conditioner is not working now so I'm about to search the forums to see how to check the relays.

Thanks again Chris and I apologize for the thread jack H3I5.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Just an update to inform others that fuse number 13 powers radio and a/c.