PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 AM

Interesting…… kauaineb, can you get a better/clearer shot of that set up of yours.

I do not believe I have ever seen a cab light install done that way before.

Were your cab lights dealer installed?

Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 PM

yes, the dealer installed them in about 2 hours and guaranteed their work. ill get a closeup pic on friday and post it. im pretty sure that this is the correct way to install them. looks clean and problem free.....

Old 11-01-2011, 05:01 PM

ghost rider,
did you try Schram auto parts in Ohio? they have a website and apparently have a ton of savaged H3's that might have the marker lights on top. ive seen a couple on eBay. id give them a call to see what they have.... fyi

Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM

here is a pic as promised of the roof marker light install. you can see how the windshield moulding covers the front lip of the lights. hope this helps..

Last edited by kauaineb; 11-13-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM

Ghost Rider,
what ever happened with the roof marker light situation, did the dealer ever confess?

Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Did you ever replaced this top moulding with three yellow lights that blew off on the interstate. The same thing happened to me today

Old 04-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Default Marker light pulled loose

I experienced this just recently. I had a crack in my windshield and called insurance Co to replace it. Guy came out to the house and in about an hour knocked on the door saying he ran into problems with the removal of the marker lights. He said screws were stripped and it looked weathered. He didn't want to proceed because he was not equipped to be able to properly put it back together. So he told me I would need to have the place that installed the lights remove them and have the windshield put on at the place then have the guys put the light kit back on. Easy enough I scheduled it for the next week. In the meantime the light kit detached from my roof, nothing flew off but it was flapping at high speed so I immediately pulled over and duct taped it back on to be able to drive it. Called my insurance Co and all expense was going to be picked by the glass company including my deductable. So I went to the place that originally installed the kit back in spring of 11, had them remove it, glass co put in new windshield and then kit got put back on. I drove home happy all was fixed and was no cost to me. Then the next day the kit pulled off again. I spent all day at the place that installed the kit only to find out they can't fix it, plastic is broken and the mount for the lights is split in half. So I am stuck. I said duct tape it and I will try to figure something out. I can't be the only one with this problem. Has anyone else had their GM marker light kit deteriorate as fast as mine did? My H3 is garage kept, it is only in the sun when I am driving it. It is hard to believe that it deteriorated so fast from spring of 11 to spring of 16. I was told to buy a new light kit, I do not want to spend more $ on something that is so cheaply made. Plus now that it is discontinued I am having trouble locating one. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today-image.jpeg  
Old 04-30-2016, 08:39 AM
Cool

The plastic is repairable. There are several plastic repair products on the market that are UV cured. I would look into which one is best for what you want to do.
https://www.buylazerbond.com/?uid=FC...AOZg&gclsrc=ds
https://www.superior-industries.com/...oduct_207.html

Also, the press nuts that are pressed into the roof are also commercially available online.
Nuts Hardware | Accurate Screw Machine

In addition GM sells a stiffener kit for the roof lights that minimizes wind vibration at road speeds. I added this kit to my lights and haven't had a problem with vibration noise since.
REPAIR KIT. Roof Marker/Off Road made by GM. #19166037

Old 04-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Default Thank you for your help.

Thank you choochmalooch I will check into that. I appreciate you taking the time to send the links.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 PM

Mine did the same thing the bolts were good but the plastic broke off where the bolts hold it down. That was like a year ago haven't replace them

Quick Reply: H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today