PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Default H3 Remote Start

I made an appt for *Avital* brand remote start install with local shop. What sealed the deal was seeing the owner's own H3 parked out front.

Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Also, I was quoted $300 for the job which includes some extra GM-specific $100 part....

Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Banned
Default keep us updated

like to know more,,gm part.
i guess the whizz bang ignition sw has to be messed with, alarm and key detect.
i have a few left tover remotes id sure love to be ablr to make work.

they would even run for 12 min every 4 hrs to keep warm!!

my first install took all day, its worth 300!!

tom

Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Default mickey shorr

i went to mickey shorr and put a one button two way viper in their and its awesome. it cost me 300 but tells me if it started. spend the extra money to tell u if it started brcause it makes all the difference in the world. also go to a well known place because your average joe will think they can put a remote starter in an h3 but cant. vipers are the best

Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 AM

What's the particular Viper model you put in? And any update on the Avital?

Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 AM

That is start to remote.........That is very nice .....

Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 AM

These trucks are CAKE to do a remote start on, I would add in that if you have an early year Hummer h3 the self learning bypass will not work. There is a tech document that requires you to use the old method of a relay with resistor to bypass the passlock system in this truck. I have been doing car electronics for 9 years and yes, I know what I am doing...When I installed my system I tried using the bypass (Directed Part XK06) but it was not working properly with my truck and was told by their tech department that this part does not work with my h3 (I have an 06)...just a heads up. $300 is pretty decent, about the going rate at any shop, I do them for $225 on the side

Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Thumbs up

Just picked it up from the shop last night.

Works like a champ. Model avital I got installed has remote door unlock and start but no "run" indicator. Installer told me 1000' range but claimed with no obstructions should work even farther than that.

I never liked the factory door unlock, I had to hit it once to unlock diver door and then again to unlock all doors, new remote solves for that by unlocking everything with one hit.

PS he did say he used the DEI bypass part on both his '07 and my '06 model.

Thanks all for your help/feedback. I would def recommend this shop (Extreme Audio in Weymouth, MA) to anyone in the area.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:05 AM

Glad to hear it is working, as I stated before if it is an 06 for sure, you still might end up having issues. Mine worked fine for 3 days and then the interference issue started. I would remote start my truck but it would not turn over, the Theft light would come on and start flashing indicating LONG TAMPER MODE and I would be unable to start my car for 10 minutes. If they did use a DEI Programmable Bypass (Part Number XK06) than there is a chance still for issues, here is the article from DEI:

http://bypasskit.com/FAQArticle.aspx?articleid=11628

AND ANOTHER

http://bypasskit.com/FAQArticle.aspx?articleid=11455

Hopefully they used regular relays, but then that wouldnt be right if they charged you for the bypass.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:57 AM

Can't speak for Viper.

But just to let everyone know, this Avital unit is still going strong after 9 months!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Default passlock 2 bypass

sooo it's that time of year again and I'd like to get a viper 5301 starter installed in my 09 h3. iv'e discovered that the h3 has made it onto the visions electronics "do not install" list as a result of issues with the xpresskit from directed electronics. does anyone have a bypass installed on their h3 and what is the most reliable way to do it, resistor and relay or xpresskit module? thx.

interesting article here about passlock 2...

General Motors - GM PassLock II System has major inherent design flaws!

Quick Reply: H3 Remote Start