PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 performance question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
So I installed tires 265 75 16, I got airdoc with knn filter, I got airaid throttle spacer, and voltage stabilizer, I think what I need is megaflow exhaust and then tune this beast and should be rolling unless u guys got other ideas? Lol
TB spacers do nothing, send it back.

Reach out to Supermodulation (James) again, your email may have went to spam.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 PM
NFS

Ok sound good I will send it back

Old 05-18-2016, 01:45 PM

I highly recommend Lyndon at Wester's Garage Custom Performance Tuning he programmed my trailblazer ss and it was quite a difference. Check out his site.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:48 PM
NFS

Thanks

Old 05-19-2016, 02:12 AM
NFS

I got a hold of james, to get that throttle body replaced, so one thing i been searching for and i can't find, in the picture attached, where to find this damn small filter shown? and what its called so i can try to find it? does it come as KNN? i am planning on using my stock box like you guys recommended for performance, and i replaced the main air filter but i want to replace the little guy too. any ideas???

Attached Thumbnails H3 performance question?-f144895430.jpg  
Old 05-19-2016, 06:22 AM

just remember the T Body does not add HP, just smooths out the acceleration curve. I did back to back tests with several T Bodys and only found 1 hp difference, only the power curve changed ever so slightly. This was on a 2015 Corvette and VMAx and Bo White T Bodys were tested.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:16 AM
NFS

Ok thanks and do you know where to find that little filter?

Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NFS
I got a hold of james, to get that throttle body replaced, so one thing i been searching for and i can't find, in the picture attached, where to find this damn small filter shown? and what its called so i can try to find it? does it come as KNN? i am planning on using my stock box like you guys recommended for performance, and i replaced the main air filter but i want to replace the little guy too. any ideas???
You need to get an aftermarket replacement for the OEM/stock filter that goes inside the stock air filter box.

For your 2007 that would be a K&N #E-0773 (washable oiled gauze element) or the AFE Pro Dry-S #1110096 (washable synthetic no oil). If you want some other brand, go to their site and plug in your year and model for the replacement filter #.

The exposed cone filter is not what you are looking for.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sycraft
just remember the T Body does not add HP, just smooths out the acceleration curve. I did back to back tests with several T Bodys and only found 1 hp difference, only the power curve changed ever so slightly. This was on a 2015 Corvette and VMAx and Bo White T Bodys were tested.
While I agree with that almost entirely, comparing tests from a Vette to an I5 H3 is like comparing tests from a C7500 Dump Truck.

The idea is not that the PP TB itself produces loads of power, rather its improved flow efficiency in combination with other mods and a tune that takes advantage of that package can make a significant improvement. Kind of like changing the OEM paper filter to an aftermarket hi flow filter with no other mod, does almost nothing, very hard to measure. I have 2008 dyno data with a brand new clean K&N actually went backwards 1HP.

However, when you swap the filter, intake, and PP the TB, the I5s respond surprisingly well to intake side improvements.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:38 AM
NFS

Yes I did order that intake but there is also a little filter next to it its very small! The knn will replace that filter then what the small one for ?

Quick Reply: H3 performance question?