PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Monsoon Distortion

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Default H3 Monsoon Distortion

I have an 08 Alpha w/ Monsoon, and have noticed that anything above moderate volume I get distortion out of the sub. I have the Bass turned down to 4, and o some songs it sounds great, and on others it sounds like ***. Any thoughts? i would understand some distortion at high to max volume, but not part volume with bass on 4! If it is just the case of the factory sub sucking, is there an aftermarket alternative that will fit in the stock location? Thanks in advance!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Default RE: H3 Monsoon Distortion

i have a monsoon system as well and i noticed that when i picked up the car
i put an aftermarket stereo and a aftermarket subwoofer 2 12"

Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Brother, don't quote me on this....but it seems like I've heard of this before. In one instance, the head unit/computer
lost it's configuration somehow and didn't realize it was a Monsoon system. Dealer hooked it up and made
the necessary corrections to it's programming......Seems like there was another with a blown fuse to the amp.

Like I said......don't quote me on that.

It's just something I vaguely remember from one of the forums a year or two ago.

I'd dang sure have the dealer check it out before you go and replace a high dollar factory option like that.

Maybe that will ring a bell with someone on here with more knowledge on the subject than my self.

When working correctly, every Monsoon I've ever heard rocks pretty decent.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Thanks for info. I thought about going to the dealer anyway and listening to another on the lot and seeing if it is the same. I was going to try to find a specific song that it acts up on so I can try to duplicate distortion. If anyone has any more info on the whole reprograming thing that would be cool. Thanks again for input!