PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Squeek

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Default Squeek

Hi All

I have just had my Hummer H3 Adventure for a week and have a anoying squeek that seems to be comming from under the Dash? or speaker?? not sure?

Anyways I would just like to know if anyone has experianced anything similar and if anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshhot the problem?

I have had my wife drive and try to determine where its comming from but besides that it is somewhere downthere? I cant seem to find the source of the squeek?

Is there a Spray or something you can apply that will sort of lube the two parts that are "rubbing" against each other?

Old 12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
Default RE: Squeek

I think this might be my problem I found on this site Must say very helpfull indeed

"Subject: Itch or Squeak Type Noise Coming from Lower Drivers Door Area (Reposition Park Brake Cable) #06-05-26-002 - (08/15/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 HUMMER H3

Condition
Some customers may comment on an itch or squeak type noise coming from the lower driver's door area. This noise typically occurs when driving over uneven road surfaces.

Cause
The cause of this condition may be due to the park brake cable rubbing on the frame near the front left side body mount.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

That's the great thing about these forums. If you do some research odds are someone has probably experienced and solved your issue before you ever experience it. Certainly makes life easier.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 AM

Yes I did reposition the cable and the noise is gone!!! What a relief as the squeek was extremely anoying!!