PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 is a hit in Australia!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Default H3 is a hit in Australia!

Seems like Australian dealers have a lot in common with US dealers too!

Hummer H3 seduces Australians

Toby Hagon, drive.com.au, 13/11/07

Even Hummer wasn’t prepared for the popularity of the niche Hummer 4WD brand down under.

]

The Hummer four-wheel drive has a new battle on its hands – trying to satisfy demand for the hulking off-roader. It seems Australians are so smitten with the military-inspired Hummer H3 that people are queuing to own one. Some people are even prepared to pay a premium to park a Hummer H3 in their driveway sooner rather than later.

“The Hummer H3 is sold out for 2007,” says Parveen Batish, director of General Motors premium brands. “Anyone who orders an H3 today is looking at a January of February (2008) delivery.” Batish says some would-be Hummer drivers are paying a $5000 or $10,000 premium to jump the queue and own a Hummer sooner rather than later. “One bloke even offered $25,000 above (the recommended) retail price.”
Batish says that of the initial 400 orders for Hummer H3s around half have been for black cars, reinforcing how much styling – and sinister looks – is underpinning demand for the Hummer brand.

Hummer also says that almost 70 per cent of Hummer orders so far have been for the more expensive, better equipped Luxury model.
Hummer only officially went on sale in Australia in mid-2007. While there are a number of Hummers on the road in Australia, they are all grey imports that have been converted from left-hand drive to right-hand drive. For now only the smallest of the Hummer family, the H3, is available in Australia. But Hummer is hoping to eventually sell the larger H2 – among other models – in future

Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 is a hit in Australia!

If you are gonna have a problem, I guess this is a good problem to have.......too many customers for your supply of product.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm suprised Hummer took so long to get to Australia, they love their 4 wheelin too!

And theres nothing wrong with a grey Hummer

Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM

When I was there last year, I saw a couple in Victoria. The guy said he paid a lot of money, this when the H3 first came out.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Wow...

It's not even selling here (Boston), or so it seems. I see maybe one or two a day at most.

I see way more Porsche Cayennes, BMW X5s, MB MLs, and all the other japanese/german 'trucks'.

It's a good thing I guess Mine still stand out somewhat

I remember when I visited Perth and was amazed just how many Land Cruisers (Prados, serie 80s, etc.) there were on the roads. Those guys must love their trucks!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Great news

Now maybe we'll see more ARB stuff for the H3

Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm one of the people down under waiting for my truck to arrive. I got in early and my dealer promised i will have it for under the christmas tree....... not exactly confident about how that going to work, but anyway.

I ordered (Like the majority of others) a black adventure, black interior, sunroof and a manual.

As much as i'm a Sydney boy my car will be used out bush.

Hope to become a bit of a regular on here once i have something to talk about.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Welcome to our Aussie brotherin!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 PM

Welcome I lived in Sydney for a year, and loved it.

So what are these H3's setting you all back?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 2zRescue

Welcome I lived in Sydney for a year, and loved it.

So what are these H3's setting you all back?

Bondi beach baby!!!.......or can you say Kings Cross!!!

Quick Reply: H3 is a hit in Australia!