PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Cross Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Default H3 Cross Bars

This has probably been beaten to death!!!!!!!!! I got a set of cross bars of eBay, The photos on the listing showed that they came with the keys When they arrived they were taken apart with all the hardware loose in the box after a search of all the packaging material there were no keys The seller claims he put the keys in the box and maybe they fell out, I suppose that could have happened but the little washers didn't fall out so why would the keys. I have not told the guy yet that a 3 year old could have done a better job of packaging hopefully he will find a solution. So has anybody had to replace the locks on their crossbars? is it even possible? A doubt that a locksmith can reproduce a key without a key to copy. There are no numbers on the cylinders so identifying which key blank to use is not an option. I have read here the OEM bars have a number stamped next to the slot these have nothing leading me to believe they are aftermarket crossbars. I found replacement covers that come assembled but the price is 38.00 plus 10.00 shipping and I don't know if that is a complete set or just one cover

Old 08-21-2010, 11:58 PM

i actually just saw a listing on ebay for them which did show the keys like you said. i considered buying them but now i may hold off. i wouldn't be happy if i got them with no keys. i would love to offer a suggestion but i just got my H3 yesterday so i don't know much about them just yet. good luck to you!