PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Creaking noise update with *The Dealer*

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Default H3 Creaking noise update with *The Dealer*

Hi Guys....just thought I would update you with the ongoing creaking noise issue I have had with my 2007 H3. My last post stated that the dealer greased my bushings and this helped for a few days then it came back. So once again I went back to the dealer. This has to be at least the 5th time now. I told them the gease helped but I wanted to know what the next step would be.....my suggestion was new bushings. GM said no....and told them to change my ball joints. I did not know those went bad at 16,500 miles but whatever. So they order the ball joints and I get an appt for install yesterday. They keep the truck ALL day for installation. I picked it up at 6:30 pm and when I pulled into my driveway 15 min later..............CREAK CREAK CREAK. I am so aggravated with them at this point. I will be calling again tomorrow and making another appt. They are wasting more money and time trying to get out of it cheap. Oh and by the way I also had an earlier post about the engine light with the reduced power stab failure light....it was a bad sensor in the accelerator just like another poster said. Of course they tried to blame it on my after market stereo system.....somehow they always try to blame everything on that.
Sorry for the long post but just trying to keep you updated if you are having any of these issues

Old 08-23-2009, 08:25 AM

9 times out of 10 the squeak is from your leaf springs. Spray some lubricant between the leaf springs. It fixed the squeak in my '07.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:18 PM

I feel for you...
I posted a similar topic https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16419 but only had one reply.....
Seems to me like these dealers just bide their time till your warranty runs out.....
It sucks !!
Hope you get it sorted out..

Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM

I have a squeak in my 2006 h3. Passenger side front end. Dealer said shock head squeaking, fixed it, and it came back 2 weeks later when the warranty ran out. Any suggestions? Replace shock?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:56 PM

I had the same faulty accelerator pedal issue in my 06. No aftermarket stereo though *pondersthestupidity* . I also have an issue with the roof moldings, which they told me were "tight", but obviously not, which leads me to the same conclusion that they are hoping the warranty runs out before I can make them fix it.
Horrible service seems to be a plague of the brand.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 AM

Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that the creaking noise was finally repaired. They finally replaced the bushings. That was the problem after all those visits. The best thing is to be persistant. I complained to GM so many times about not having the vehical for BS problems....they have sent me 3 car payments for my trouble.
Oh and I just traded it last week for a 2008 H2!!!!!! I hear they have less problems and I love it.....Good luck with the issues.