PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
Default RE: H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??

The DUDE is an IDIOT!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 AM

I have an 07 H3x and love it but i wondered the same thing. If you look at Am Generals web site they only have the H1 and H2 listed as civilian Hummers. Whats the real deal?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:34 AM

In the original deal with AM General, GM obtained the rights to market and sell the Hummer brand including the H1 (commercial version of the HMMWV) and the new H2. AM General would "collaborate" in the design and build the new H2 for GM. In return, GM built them the new H2 plant next to AM General's existing facility at that time.

So, AM General builds the H2 under contract in a GM plant with GM processes, robotic equipment,and procedures. In fact they recently extended the agreement to continue building the H2 for GM -- the current agreement, which runs until 2009,was extended seven years until 2016.

Now, the fact that GM decided to build the H3 at a GM plant in Louisiana doesn't seem to me to make it any less a GM Hummer than the H2 -- unless you ascribe some superioritytofactory workers in South Bend.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 AM

true dat..........hes an idiot

Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Your salesman is soooooooo full of it. I owned a Chevy Colorado Z-71 4 x 4, and sold it to get my 07 H-3 Adventure. Yes, they share some components, butthe ride and handling both on and off road are night and day differences. Now, I am not bad mouthing the Colorado, I liked it, andone of the reasons I bought the Hummer was that the Chevy ran so well, and was so dependable, and I knew that the H-3 shared components. But the interior, styling, features, Monsoon, all wheel drive, suspension,etc., and the handling of the H-3 isjust so much better!So what if they are made in the same plant as Chevys!As someone else pointed out, the H-2s and Tahoes also share some components, so how does your salesman feel about that? If you buy the H-3 you will love it!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: TexH3

In the original deal with AM General, GM obtained the rights to market and sell the Hummer brand including the H1 (commercial version of the HMMWV) and the new H2. AM General would "collaborate" in the design and build the new H2 for GM. In return, GM built them the new H2 plant next to AM General's existing facility at that time.

So, AM General builds the H2 under contract in a GM plant with GM processes, robotic equipment,and procedures. In fact they recently extended the agreement to continue building the H2 for GM -- the current agreement, which runs until 2009,was extended seven years until 2016.

Now, the fact that GM decided to build the H3 at a GM plant in Louisiana doesn't seem to me to make it any less a GM Hummer than the H2 -- unless you ascribe some superioritytofactory workers in South Bend.
Right on, Tex...except the plants are in Mishawaka - and I'm only pointing it out because I grew up there - and we never get any credit

Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 AM

My company sells the same parts to GM, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Chrysler..... that must mean they are the same thing? [:@]

Some people are stupid. Drive the colorado and drive the H3, if you can even remotley tell me it's the same thing, I'm going to beat you with a frozen dead fish.

I'd tell the dealer to get lost, obviously very arrogant.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 AM

I've never seen an SUV that pepole love or hate so much as the H3.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: haiminger

I've never seen an SUV that pepole love or hate so much as the H3.

Same here!

Old 09-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Actually, I'm surprised a Hummer salesperson would say such a thing. I bet his sales manager would be very interested to hear himpitch that story.

Quick Reply: H3 - Chevrolet or Real Hummer ??