PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Default RE: H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers

Diesels are awesome! The guys with big F-350 Pickups and Dodges are wiping smiles off faces every day at the local dragstrip. You can squeeze mega-horses out of a diesel with just a few mods and they'll last forever. But the biggie is...You'll NEVER have to worry about getting the dang thing wet, they'll run underwater as long as you keep the water out of the intake. Case in point: The US Army uses Diesels in EVERYTHING that goes into a field environment, including it's generators.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM

This is true RJ, we got water sucked up the tailpipe one time (really shouldn't have hit that LARK hole full of water at 45). Threw a rod and still drove the dang thing all the way back to Ohio from VA Beach. Smoking all the way, here but it made it on it's own power.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM

2010 or 2011 we will start to see the new clean diesels get fazed into nearly every ight dute American truck and suvs....I can't wait!!! IF i am out of this financial black hole by then I will have one in my driveway....wonder how I'm gonna mount smokestacks on the h3...

Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 PM

i like the black hood sticker thing

Old 02-12-2008, 10:37 PM

Well in that case a diesel sounds pretty good. I knew you could get more power from a diesel by tuning..I have watched Trucks and Extreme 4X4 on Spike TV, their always tuning those things up with a programmer. If the MPG and maintenacne costs make up for the higher fuel costs than I guess its worth it. I always hear about all the cool diesel's available in Austraila and other country's but those models are never offered here.

My I-5 was more than enough for me until I started looking at trailers, I was lucky enough to find the toy hauler I just got which was on the light side, but I would love to have more towing capacity. Iwill have toseriouslydebate upgrading to the Alpha whenmy lease is up in 8 months.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 PM

one of the best things about a diesel and it offsets the cost differential when you buy it is that a diesel will hold it's resale value much better than the same truck in a gas engine. SO your paying more upfront but your also going to get a lot more hn you decide to sell or trade it in.

Aslo the oil changes in a diesel are EXPENSIVE!! They hold almost double the oil of a gasser.

THe reason you don't see many diesel in light duty trucks in the usa is mainly because of different emmisions testing for a vehicle in the light truck weight class...which is why the clean diesels are bieng produced to fit into these trucks. Jeep offered a small diesel in it's liberty a few years back, it wasn't a monster by any means but was a very good little motor, they had to stop selling it because of the stricter emmisions standards...they just couldn't get it to pass a smog test under the new guidelines. Every car manufacturer has a new clean diesel, Dodge/chrysler/jeep is putting them in the durango, 1500 PU, ramcharger and grand cherokee (rumor about one in the wrangler but I haven't heard anything solid yet). Ford is putting one into the f-150 and rumored tha the explorer will also see a diesel added to the line, CHevy has one for the silverado and the rumor was the envoy but they don't make the envoy anymore and I haven't heard any new news about what SUV it will go into. Hopefully the hummer line will get a diesel in both the h2&h3. From what I read the tundra is even going to be getting a diesel....I say by 2015 gas motors in trucks will be a thing of the past... IMHO

Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 PM

love the championship edition! however, lose the ghey rims and add a front-locker. i too would pony up for a diesel. wish they'd offer it in slate blue

Old 02-12-2008, 11:22 PM

the engine, under body and rocker protection are cool, but other than that eh, its just accesories, nothing to special.How about some upgraded suspension packages?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 AM

Looks good. Atleast the V8 motor is not only available for the Alpha anymore.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:06 AM

getting away from the diesel talk and back on topic...one thing I would LOVE to see is this offered with the v8 and a manual trans!!! that would be the ****!!! offroading in an auto trans sucks[:'(]

Quick Reply: H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers