PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Default H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers

This is pretty dang close to perfect. No mention of lockers or tire sizes however....

For a full write up go seeHummerGuy.net

HUMMER H3 Championship Edition

Standard equipment:

5.3L V8 w/ auto trans (Previously only in Alpha models)
Off-Road suspension package
Red brake calipers
Exclusive ultra silver metallic exterior color
Body colored grille
Exclusive hood decal
Fender Flare Extensions
16 x 17.5-in aluminum wheels
Cloth interior
Rocker panel protection
Under-body shield
Black Brush guard

Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers

Getting there. Add off road lights, 35" tires, rear differential and axle skid platesand front and rear lockers and they have an actual "Adventure Package". I am getting hopeful.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Screw all the fancy little packages and drop a diesel into the beast already!!!!!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:48 PM

I like it

Drop the chrome wheels etc and include a front locker (cast iron diff of course) and a manual 5-speed!!

Options like a winch, on board air would be nice too!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Screw all the fancy little packages and drop a diesel into the beast already!!!!!
Why do off roaders like diesels so much? I am a little diesel ignorant, I understand the difference machanically, but performance wise what are the advantages?

I dont know about where everybody else lives but diesel is the most expensive gas around here...

Old 02-12-2008, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mfish

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Why do off roaders like diesels so much? I am a little diesel ignorant, I understand the difference machanically, but performance wise what are the advantages?

I dont know about where everybody else lives but diesel is the most expensive gas around here...
I guess torque, longevity, and fuel economy are the first things that come to mind with a diesel. Diesel is much more expensive here as well. A diesel would also cost more from the dealer. Not sure how much, but the diesel option in a F 250 is 6K.

With all that said, I would love to have a diesel if it were an option.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM

I hear GM is going to do this with the H2 also.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM

there are a few advantages to diesel over a gas engine....massive amounts of torque and HP, and even more available with a simple plug in programmer/chip/module. Where you may see 50hp from doing a pcm tune,intake,exhaust..blah blah blah on a gas motor, you can easily see gains over over 120 hp with just a programmer...the power that a diesel put out is simply amazing if you've never experienced it. Plus gas mileage...sure in todays market Diesel is equal or slightly higher than regular gas...BUT....you'll also get MUCH better MPG with diesel...MUCH better!! On a dodge ram 3500 dually 4x4 I got close to 22 mpg with the cumming diesel...and that truck was HUGE...

Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Diesel cost more, but goes farther. And if you put the programmers in them they will take off fairly close to a gas motor. My dad has a Dodge 3500 diesel and that damned thing will jump off the line and he can pull a heck of a lot more than a gas motor. Oh, and the "noise factor" is nothing compared to what it used to be with diesels.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 PM

I'm a diesel guy! I've driven diesel trucks for the past 11 years. In fact when I bought my first diesel truck fuel was only $.87/gal. [sm=signs007.gif] How times have changed! Better mileage, more HP & torque, no maintance except oil changes, runs forever (250,000 miles min.) and is just plain friggin' cool!

I totaled my 00' F350 Powerstroke Ext. Cab 4x4 and bought my H3 Alpha which is a real adjustment from my truck. I had my PS tweaked with all kinds of mods and got 350 hp & 700ft/tq. I used to race it at the local racetrack. Some guys in my club had more then 500hp & 900ft/tq!

If they made the H3 with a diesel I'd buy one in a New York minute!

Quick Reply: H3 Championship Edition--Something for the Wheelers