PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Burns my Ass!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Default RE: H3 Burns my ***!

you could always just take fuse out,no more worrying about it............unless.........you really use the heated seats

Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 AM

I love my heated seats..and my AZZ loves it to..

Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Yes, I love mine too! It's only seven minutes to my work at 6:00am. I don't wear my coat in the H so I get all the heat on my back and my [sm=smiley35.gif]. I have tried putting my coat on the passenger side and flipping the seat heater on but it does not heat. (There's a walking distance from parking to my work). There must be a slight weight limit for the heater to come on. Hey, there's two, why not use both! You hot blooded guys can just send us girls your fuses.

I have found though that passengers don't push the correct button when they want to adjust the seat movement and then they find themselves in the HOT SEAT! ha.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:36 AM

Speedracer,
You are probably are not rubbing the switch with your leg. I thought the same thing and mentioned it
to my dealer here in Michigan. Their service department had many of these complaints and found that
the plastic trim around the switches on the side of the seat moved when you get in and was rubbing on
the switch just enough to turn it on. They fixed it by slightly enlarging the top of the opening for the switch
just enough to allow for the movement, can't really tell. No more *** burning except when you want it.

Joe

Old 11-18-2007, 01:58 AM

It appears that it's not just Hummers, my Dad's Tahoe has the same problem. The few times I've driven it I've managed to turn on the seat heater.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 AM

GM released a fix for the switch. Check with your Hummer Dealer.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:10 PM

I would probably just pull the fuse, or if you like them, get the fix. I personally don't like them, our 06 had them and the annoyed the hell out of me. Maybe it's just because I never had them before, but I don't like the hot seat sensation. I kept thinking something was wrong with the car or I dropped a cigarette under the seat

Old 11-18-2007, 12:38 PM

They are a gift from heaven if you live in Ohio!!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: joeski01

Speedracer,
You are probably are not rubbing the switch with your leg. I thought the same thing and mentioned it
to my dealer here in Michigan. Their service department had many of these complaints and found that
the plastic trim around the switches on the side of the seat moved when you get in and was rubbing on
the switch just enough to turn it on. They fixed it by slightly enlarging the top of the opening for the switch
just enough to allow for the movement, can't really tell. No more *** burning except when you want it.

Joe
Now there is something to look into! Thanks. Fuse may be next best option. Here in New Orleans, heated seats may be good one day out of 2 years!

Old 11-23-2007, 04:27 AM

Hey I had the same problem, I went to the dealer and what they did was just raise the upper opening on the switch by about an 1/8" and it does not happen any more. What they did was trim it up with a dremmel and you can't tell any difference.