PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 becomes Chevy Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Default RE: H3 becomes Chevy Blazer?

Don't EVEN THINK IT!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][:'(]

Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM

Nah Hummer is its own beast. Always will be. Love the H3 look, but its too small for my tastes, hence I went with an H2 SUT. After seeing what Chevy did to the Avalanche (Turned it from a stocky butch truck into a soccermom vehicle), I'd hate to see what they would do to the Hummer. [:-]

Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM

"I figure since it is built on the same line as the Colorado/Canyon it could be slightly restyled to fit the Chevy brand..."

"The H3 is basically a “Chevy” anyway?"

WoW. I think youtwo need to go to find the book Hummer H3 and do some research on why it was built and how its built before you start talking like that. I had a chevy blazer,fine truck, but does not even compare to my H3 Alpha.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Bitdriver

Nah Hummer is its own beast. Always will be. Love the H3 look, but its too small for my tastes, hence I went with an H2 SUT. After seeing what Chevy did to the Avalanche (Turned it from a stocky butch truck into a soccermom vehicle), I'd hate to see what they would do to the Hummer. [:-]
You might be right on the styling front. I'd hate to see any Hummer become a "family values" mobile. Car companies seem to be afraid to make cars that single people will like.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Ken06H3

I could go with a GMC H3, but not Chevrolet. Drop the Trailblazer based (all divisions) units and create a H3 series (i.e. SUV, SUT).

Just my thoughts because I really hope the H3 stays with GM.
Trailblazer is gone after 2009. The plant that builds them is closing.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hummer is not a Chevy or GMC

Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 AM

but it IS a GM, which includes chevy, and gmc...the h3 uses alot of chevy and gmc components, a lot of parts are identical and can be used in chevy/gmc application...same with the h2..some of the parts are also used in the tahoe, yukon line. If they want to do away with the "brand" name but offer teh same truck as a chevy...I have no problem buying a Chevy H3....it would be the same truck...I didn't buy my H3 to be a label ***** so I can say I have a hummer...though I know there are ALOT of people that did.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: AlphaMale

I hate Blazers.
That's funny, my K5told meshehatesyou. [:'(]

Old 06-29-2008, 03:18 PM

I would never buy a 2 door version. I love that HUMMER has been able to successfully combine luxury, fun, and practicality into one vehicle. I'm an off-road, let's have fun kind of person on the weekend, and load the kids up and go to work kind of person during the week. I am able to play both of these roles very comfortably in my H3. And yes, I like the HUMMER brand. I get star treatment at the HUMMER dealer vs. the 'we'll get back to you when we feel like it' treatment that I used to get at the Ford dealership.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:36 PM

It would devalue our vehicles and kill all chances of Hummer ever being revitalized by destroying the credibility of the brand. Bad business move that would **** off a lot of current Hummer owners. If GM wants to keep Hummer owners buying new Hummers I can assure you this would drive them all away! Besides that, it would be sad.

Quick Reply: H3 becomes Chevy Blazer?