PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 in bay area & hippy's....

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Default H3 in bay area & hippy's....

So i just picked up my bright red h3 yesterday. When i bought it, it was in the middle of some armadas and other big SUV's. Got it on the road and holy sh*t it stands out. Anyways,I already know to avoid Berkley, ha!, but Since most people seem to REALLY hate the H2's, do the H3's have to deal with the same crap? I'd be real pissed to come out and find my car egged or keyed or messed w/ just cause some hippy doesn't like it. I know the first thing i'm getting is a locking gas cap. Def. don't like it being that exposed. Anybody have any probs with this?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Default RE: H3 in bay area & hippy's....

Some do, some don't. I haven't had that big of a problem other than the occasional dirty look. Mainly get the jaw dropping looks or thumbs up. But keep in mind that I'm in Ohio, not LA. (transplants are the only people I have to worry about, and they are outnumbered )

Old 05-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Not so much with the H3. The H1 and H2 seem to get the worst of it. Your grill says Hummer so in SF I would say you are not immune from the brain dead, liberally indoctrinated, hate mongering, leaf licking, back you nature,save the whale crowd so don't let your guard down.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM

ok, well thats a bit more to ease my mind but i do have 1 question. Why was the truck designed with an exposed gas cap? Seems like the whole thing is built like a fortress except for the gas cap. just curious. Either way, i love the friggen thing. i just posted a pict in the newb forum.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

I guess it is a design holdover from the H1. The 1s have exposed gas caps, so the 2s did also. Just another design touch to tie the models together is my guess.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:03 PM

I understand where you are coming from with the locking fuel door, but I kind of like mine the way it is. You're right for security reasons though.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM

yeah, if i was back home in va i'd have no issues from anybody but west coast is alo diff.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

I have locking gas caps, just not gas cap covers. Any standard locking gas cap should fit.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:36 PM

My problem is that with all of the other keys that I have to carry around (house, H3 with remote and lojack thingy, 2 different offices) I really don't want to add another one.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

I know what you mean. I have a ring of keys a building super would be proud of. I leave most in one of the safes and only carry the essential keys in my briefcase.

Quick Reply: H3 in bay area & hippy's....