PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Wheel Spacers, I have some questions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Default H2 Wheel Spacers, I have some questions....

With the installation of my fender flares the stock wheels look horrible being sunk in so much. I had originally thought of going with the 16.5" military wheels with 37's on them and those would require from what I've read a 2" wheel spacer. That is one route, a second route I'm thinking about is just keeping my stockers but putting the 2" spacers on them to push them out a bit and maybe just buying 37's for them.

Now I have read a lot about what is and the difference in hub vs. lug centric so that I understand.
On to the questions:

-Are the stock H2 wheels hub centric or lug centric? The wheels fit onto the lip on the hub which would lead me to believe they are hub centric, BUT the lugs are tapered which would mean lug centric....are they both??

-What is the center bore of the stock H2 wheels? I'm finding varying numbers but the more common number I see is 117mm.

-Does anyone know the center bore of the H1 military 24-bolt offset rims?

-Are hub centric spacers necessary, could I get away with lug centric and be safe?

I know one guy put these wheels on his truck with what looks to be lug centric and he hasn't had any issues at all. Obviously I think hub centric would be the better bet however lug centric are roughly half the price of hub centric.

Here's what I've found for possibilities so far:

This is where Messiah bought his spacers, as I mentioned they must be lug centric considering the info says the center bore is 146mm.
8 Lug Wheel Adapter - 8x210 to 8x210 - 2" Thick

These are TRUE hub centric spacers I found:
https://www.motorsport-tech.com/spec...y_s?Next=16-30
About 2/3 down you'll see Chevrolet 2500/3500 2.00" Wheel Spacer. It says center bore 116.8mm.

Finally from fleabay:
USA Made 8 Lug 6 5" Chevy Hub Centric Wheel Spacer Adapt 2"Thick w Studs Nuts | eBay
This are a great price but the specs are throwing me off. It says rim ring 116.7mm but I.D. 126.15mm. I'm wondering if the I.D. is the rear of the spacer so the stock hub flange can fit?? I'll have to contact the seller on that one.

This is an example of some lug centric spacers, insanely cheaper than all of the ones posted above:
4pc 2 0" Wheel Spacers Hummer H1 H2 H3 Truck SUV 8x6 5 Adapters Lugs Studs LR | eBay

I know spacers aren't ideal but reading around multiple dodge, jeep, etc forums many people use them and wheel with them without issue. Plus most are only using lug centric spacers.

Any thoughts and any info on the questions I posted? I know its a long
read so thanks in advance!!