PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 oil pressure gauge idles nor al and rises quickly

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Default H2 oil pressure gauge idles nor al and rises quickly

Hello all,

It may be something normal that i just realized after being a second time H2 owner for eight years, but...
I started my H2 this late morning. Decided to give it a little gas to clear out pipes. Which it certainly did. O noticed that with the rise of the rpms, the oil gauge had risen dramatically and very quickly, the higher the rpms. I have owned muscle cars in the past and never noticed this in each of them.
When I say it rises quickly, I mean it can dart to 80, given I rev it high. When let off to idle, it drops right down to a normal 40 or so.
Any concern?

Old 05-02-2015, 11:27 AM

I could see how the oil pressure rises with the rpm's. The oil pump is gear driven and sits up under the timing cover. So the higher the rpm the more volume the pump will push.

The oil pump on my 03 did fail. But I wasn't getting pressure at idle. Due to a burr at the seat of the valve port. If I gave it a shot of gas. I would get pressure.

I don't rev my h2. So not really sure what rpm it would take to get the oil pressure to 80.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by madmayo
I could see how the oil pressure rises with the rpm's. The oil pump is gear driven and sits up under the timing cover. So the higher the rpm the more volume the pump will push.

The oil pump on my 03 did fail. But I wasn't getting pressure at idle. Due to a burr at the seat of the valve port. If I gave it a shot of gas. I would get pressure.

I don't rev my h2. So not really sure what rpm it would take to get the oil pressure to 80.
Pressure seems to rise steadily, relative to how high the rpm's go. Haven't been cleared from concussion for one year now to drive, so it has only gotten 800 miles or so in one year. No need to rev it otherwise, but its something i do for a summer car not driven for 8 months. Seems to get it cleared out after sitting. Thanks for the informative response, brother. Very, very appreciated.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:20 PM

Nice truck by the way. Like the white with black wheels. I had a blacked out one before, on my way to blacking out this one too.