PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM

I'm not exactly sure how to get them off..but more then likely you will break some of the plastic clips so I would have some extra ones handy if you do remove them

Old 08-28-2009, 04:25 PM

My 03 squeaks too and it drives me crazy. I usually crank up the stereo to not hear the squeaks but I know for sure its my passenger front door panel and rear left door panel thats doing it, especially if someone is leaning on it. I will be removing them later this week to install new speakers so I will post pictures on how many clips I break. LOL And I even have a clip removal tool I bought for $9 online.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:05 PM

I have been in 03 and 04s with only 20k miles and the creeks were horrendous. My 05 and 07 had them even at 4k Mmiles when it got colder outside (New England), but nothing like the older ones. I know the interiors look the same but it has to be something else. The 08-09's are put together much much better and I do not forsee that happening...

Old 03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Default Help

I have an 07 h2 and cracks on both of the plastic side door pannels in the front, they rattle pretty bad, can i replace those plastic pieces without the whole pannel? where can i get them? is it 2 pieces ?leather pannel and then the plastic pocket?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM

I looked into replacing just the arm rest on my '03 and discovered aside from the control unit in the door everything else is sold as a single unit. Light bulb went off in my head and I JB welded everything else that moved on the door. No more rattles from the door, still not sure what to do about the center console mine still rattles every now and then.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:23 PM

No rattles yet...I only have 25,000 miles

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM

Our 2006 had a fair amount of creaks/rattles, nothing horrendous but the 2008 is waaaaay better, everything is put together with a much more solid feel, most of the hard molded plastic has been replaced with softer touch materials.... its definately far more refined.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 PM

The door panels are fairly easy to get off...I just did it last week to fix a loose handle bar. There is one screw to take out behind the interior door handle and then two bolts behind the plastic cover you remove after taking the screw out. Then just work your way around the edges to pop out the retainers....then before removing the panels completely, ,remove the wiring connectors. That's it I remember seeing a good write up somewhere on this as well. Indy

Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Other common rattle noises come from the two plastic outer black pillar covers. Usually when your windshield has been replaced. Some people just need to remove them via two screws on side under rubber seal and add double sided tape. Also the large two roof marker lights loosen up over time. Retighten the screws or add double sided tape or some kind of sealant and that should help aswell.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Ok, after rebuilding my entire rear end I can add something to help. It appears as if GM used really thin pieces of adhesive felt. It's palced in between areas where plastic can rub allowing it to travel preventing further flexing but eliminates any noise it might create.

Quick Reply: H2 Interior