PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Default RE: Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: jdrew

I talked to them. they said the wire for the park safety switch broke. They couldn't tell me how, but they fixed it.
At least the figured it out and fixed for you. Now tell them to give it back!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Unable to duplicate customer concern at this time.

But seriously, I'm happy to say that Mike's truck is in very capable hands (GM World Class Technicians).

http://www.schepelcadillac.com/service_center.htm

They will go over it tomorrow with a fine tooth comb and drive it again to make sure it's running the way it's supposed to be.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Dale drove my H3 with me in it last night when I got to the dealer. He WAS able to reproduce the problem, but alas, he said it's NOT a problem. He said because I have so many miles on it the drivetrain has gotten worn in and there is slack at multiple points of the drivetrain. He also said it's very noticable because it's a small engine pushing ALOT of weight, whereas if it had a V6 or a V8 it wouldn't be so apparent, because you wouldn't have all that weight and momentum trying to push a small engine that is trying to stop the car (well, something like that). He was able to show me how to have it NOT happen, but unfortunately that means driving it above 3K rpms in stop and go traffic, which means keeping it in first and second all the time, mainly first. Everything he said made sense.

As far as the electrical interference goes, he checked the tension on the new belt and said everything is fine. I explained how the intererence and braking noise occured only after the belt was put on, and how the engine was idling really rough. He said it was probably some water or condensation that built up in the engine since it started happening when it started getting cold. He said it could also be the change in mixture of fuel. The problem seems to be slowly going away, so hopefully that's all it is.

He also said the interference was probably just a coincidence, and that it's probably whatever I added last in the car that might be picking up the interence. The LAST thing I installed was the remote switch for my KITT lights. That may be what's doing it. I don't think I noticed it before I put that switch in after I thought about it. Another problem solved.

The roof rails are pretty bad though. The spaces are worse then I thought, especially when Mike saidhe hasn't seen gaps in the front AND the back of the rails like mine. Apparently my rails shrunk pretty drasticallyso at least my paranoia wasn't TOO bad

In all honesty the fact that the H3 is "just going to be like this" bothers me. If I would have known this would have started happening down the line I would have bought the automatic. He does have a point with the power-to-weight ratio though. Since he was able to reproduce it in 5 seconds and also stop it from happening showed me he knew his stuff. Nobody else could ever explain it or get it to do that.

On a side note, the '07 CTS loaner they gave me is going to be my second car, without a doubt. My wife, who 1 1/2 months ago told me "Cadillac's are for old people" when we had the STS rental was in the CTS for 5 minutes last night and said "I want this car" and I second that. WHAT A SWEET RIDE it is. The auto-stick is very responsive, and the car handles like my Camaro once did. It's amazing what you can do with that baby. I REALLY want one as my second car, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it anytime soon. Still, the driving experience in that car is awsome. Who would have thought a CTS would handle like a sporst car. Go figure!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 PM

Mine makes that same noise when it's on the AM station. Did they say that's not a problem too?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

So, when you are coming to a stop and hit the brakes on AM, it goes ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ for about 2 seconds, like maybe every other time you hit the brakes?

Old 02-27-2007, 07:22 PM

yes it has done that ever since I got it.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to make this short:

Cracked and gapped Roof Rails: Fixed

Rough Idling problem: condensation in the engine and/or bad gas due to change in mixture with the temperature.

Jerking back and forth while letting up on gas: Drivetrain slack caused by extended driving periods and number of miles on the truck. Normal because of a BIG car and a SMALL engine, that try to constantly fight each other on a manual transmission. The top engineer they have reproduced the problem with me in the passenger seat with ease, explained why it happens, and showed me some tricks as to how to have it NOT Happen

AM Interference: They have no idea, but ironically it's starting to dicapate on it's own. VERY odd.

Mike had them go over every spec of that car, and they said everything is in immaculate shape. Considering I drive 100 miles a day, I would say I take pretty good care of it.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:40 AM

Glad it's all straightened around for you (hopefully AM issue continues to fade)

Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 AM

Good!!! Glad they took care of you!!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 AM

Glad to hear you got it taken care of!

Quick Reply: Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!