PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!

Yup. Ever since they replaced the belt, there has been power drops when coming to a stop, a bad buzzing noise on AM, and a REALLY BAD buzzing noise whenever you hit the brakes on AM.

Also, that "bob and jerking" thing has gotten worse. I'm VERY grateful that HummerMike is working on the service department now, because I'm taking him and the mechanic whos going to be working on my H3 for a ride later since I know how to reproduce the problem perfectly now. My friend is like a bobble doll in stop and go traffic every day.

Also, my roof rails are cracking and shrinking so those are getting replaced.

Oh, Woe is me, Woe is me [sm=boohoo.gif]This time it will probably be at least a week, but, at least I'll get another '07 loaner most likely. I love me some moonroof!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Default RE: Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!

Remove all of your add ons and trade that damn thing in! It is ridiculous how often you have that thing in the shop.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM

I'm sure Hummermike will make sure you get taken care of! Bummer about your problems.[&o]

Old 02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: brachilius

Remove all of your add ons and trade that damn thing in! It is ridiculous how often you have that thing in the shop.
Well it is leased. Technically I can do that, but the problem hasn't been the H3 so much as the service people that have worked on it. The dealer I take it to now where Mike works has some very experienced people, plus they are very determined when it comes to finding problems. The only reason why I hesitated before is because it's a 60 mile drive from my home and maybe 25 from where I work, but I'm definitely going there from now on. They are the biggest Hummer dealership in the midwest and the people there are very nice and friendly.

Technically, this is the third time I am taking it in for the same problem, so if they can't fix it, I may just strip it back down to stock, go back to my dealer and tell them I want a different one. That's what the Lemon law is all about right?

Old 02-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Watch the lemon law. There are specific issues with like the mileage you have put on the vehicle. I almost filed suit when I first bought my H3 because it had sevre electrical problems and would shut off while driving down the road. This happened twice before I even had 1000 miles on it. The shop had it for three weeks and finally replaced the entire fuse box under the hood.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Also, that "bob and jerking" thing has gotten worse.

Sounds like you need to find a new hobby..

Sorry to hear yours is in the shop too...

Old 02-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: brachilius

Watch the lemon law. There are specific issues with like the mileage you have put on the vehicle. I almost filed suit when I first bought my H3 because it had sevre electrical problems and would shut off while driving down the road. This happened twice before I even had 1000 miles on it. The shop had it for three weeks and finally replaced the entire fuse box under the hood.
Isn't this what happened to yours jdrew?

Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Sounds just like it... i am going to call them again in a few before i head out to work..

Old 02-26-2007, 04:55 PM

I talked to them. they said the wire for the park safety switch broke. They couldn't tell me how, but they fixed it.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:15 PM

That bites.

Quick Reply: Guess who's H3 is going back to service today?!?!?!?!?!