PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gpcalero's Spartan Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 PM

Just read through the build thread, nice job man! Transformed from a mall queen to a off road beast! I can't believe the difference the tyres make to the way she looks, good job on the chrome removal too!

Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM

So.........what's the end of the story? Sparta is no more ? Sorry to hear that.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 AM

Looks like you spent a lot of mommy and daddy's money on useless crap (other than the tires).

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM

$25,500 ? You're kidding right? The funny thing is, you spent all this money on "mods" and it is worth less money now than if you would have left it alone.

Old 01-23-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by stinger95
$25,500 ? You're kidding right? The funny thing is, you spent all this money on "mods" and it is worth less money now than if you would have left it alone.
you do realize money and profit are not everyone's reasoning in doing things. There are plenty of times I've modded car to my own taste and it did not increase the value of the vehicle, most mods don't. go to any car show , at least 90% of the vehicles there have more money put into them than they are worth. That's why it's a hobby. Are you telling me you don't waste money on anything for a hobby? you don't have a smart phone, bigger LCD or led tv that you don't need, or even the fact that you have a hummer to begin with? I'm pretty sure someone driving a Chevy sonic or ford fiesta might look at you and say you spent all that money on a hummer that going to be worth less money when you get rid of it, you could have spent half that on a car like this.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:06 PM

I guess it's fun to spend mommy n daddy's money on mods. It's nice to see he has a hobby. I really love the plastic dipped chrome rims!

Old 01-23-2014, 02:49 PM

you realize he's not a teenager, he's 23 years old. idk about you but I was making more than my parents make back when I was 23. Back then I was living on my own, drove a mustang bullitt and a modded and lifted F250. Just because he is spending money doesn't mean it is coming from mommy and daddy, at that age it is very likely he's graduated college and making 50k+ a year, and when you do not have a family that's decent money to play with.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I looked at the pic at the beginning of this thread. Looks like mom and dad picked up an H2 and bought junior an H3 to go off to college with. I guess its pretty easy to throw money into your vehicle when you didn't have to pay for the vehicle itself. If I were his dad I'd be pissed as hell for ruining what used to be a nice truck.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM

how did he ruin a nice truck? By adding bigger tires as you have? By adding power adders like a throttle body, intake, exhaust? By plastidiping the chrome, which can be peeled off at any time? I will say I do not like the looks of the Starr headlights, but I know they significantly add to night lighting. I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here would agree that he did a great job at improving his rig before he got rid of it, naturally some may not like the look of a particular item, but I'm pretty sure he did not ruin it in any way.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 PM

I agree, keep original as possible..

Only 5 years in production, the H3 will be collectible! Think about it, collectibles bring more money, the closer they are to original.

The original Shelby mustang GT 350 & GT 500, were in production for 5 years also! Try finding an original GT500 or GT350 from 1965-1970, in mint original condition, for less than $100,000.00. Just think, you could have bought them new, for around $5,000.00
Look at the sticker price of the H3, and think of what it will be worth, in original condition, in the same time frame as the original GT 500..

Quick Reply: Gpcalero's Spartan Build