PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gobi racks quality...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:53 AM

The previous owner musta stored this rack in a salt water pool cause it's even worse then I origionally thought! I spent 6 hours last night grinding rust...in spots the coating/powder coat is bubbling from underneath! I went through a box of cookie cutter wheels & destroyed 2 grinding pads grinding all the loose crap off. I have about 1 hour more of prep before I can start bedlinering it...even where it wasn't bubbling I'm finding rust under the coating...almost as if Gobi didn't put a sealer before powder coating! Oh and best of all my beautiful garage looks like a tornado of rust & paint dust went through it...thank God I covered my cars before I started. hopefully get it sealed tonight... & first coat of bedlinering on one side... I want this rack on my truck by the weekend!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Still no pictures?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
Still no pictures?
Here it is before sanding

Here it is grinded & first light coat of bedliner...did not need sealer since bedliner said you can put directly over bare metal

Several coats on bottom to go tonight...tomorrow I will do the other side...Hopefully do final coat/touch up this weekend as I sure I will miss spots I will se in the sun...Pictures really dont show how awful this thing was....almost everywhere I put the grinder the coating would just flake off... I am on the home stretch now!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 PM

Bottom of rack after multiple coats of Truck Bed Coating in a can....Nice color...not to shiny, not to flat...nice semi gloss/flat look. Same coating I used on my ladders.

Read a review on this bedliner...beat stuff that was almost twice the price in reviews...$8.99 a can at advance auto....Dont buy the $12.99 a can duplicoler bedliner they sell it has awful reviews...SO far im impressed with what this product does....pics of top soon. :-) I used 4 cans on the bottom...will use 4 cans on the top & I will use 2 as a touch up/final coat once it's out in the sun!

Last edited by Caraddict; 12-15-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 AM

That is a great product for being an aerosol can. I did my chrome grille with it and that was well over a year ago and you can't even tell. I was happy with it and I'm sure you will be too!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
That is a great product for being an aerosol can. I did my chrome grille with it and that was well over a year ago and you can't even tell. I was happy with it and I'm sure you will be too!
I was contemplating doing my brush guard...but I don't wanna rune it either...maybe I'll do my grill & leave the brush guard stainless. Decisions,decisions....