PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GOBI LADDER AND ROCK RAIL QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Default GOBI LADDER AND ROCK RAIL QUESTIONS

Since I want the finish to match my rack, and I can save money, I've decide to make my own ladder for the rear of my H3. Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that has a Gobi ladder that I can check out, up close and personal?... Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery! I can come to you, and I'll bring the Starbucks! PM me if you can help me out.

Also, for anyone that has the Rocky Mountain Super-sliders, What is the finish like? I want to have all the steel accessories match with a textured black, or the textured GM dark gray...How are the GM rock rails finished? Do they match the finish on the grille guards? From the posts, I get that the Super-sliders would better fit my needs but I don't want to shell out more to refinish.

If anyone has rock rails or a Gobi ladder that they wish to sell that needs to be refinished I would be interested in buying.

Since I'm relatively new to this forum I could also use some tutorial about icons and how to properly quote, etc, etc. Where can I find this info?

Thanks! I've been having a great time reading and getting advice from the forum. I hope I haven't been to pesky with my posts. PM me if my etiquette needs work!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: GOBI LADDER AND ROCK RAIL QUESTIONS

A humble attitude and lots of enthusiasm will buy you a lot of forgiveness. LOL

Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm trying to find pictures of my sliders while clean. Hmm, I can't really find any. Here are a couple that may help you. The sliders are black but maybe slightly off-black. They are not the same color as the rocker panels, etc. but it works well.

Wait, found a pretty clean one. Bit blurry but you can see the colors.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:16 PM

3hummers, humble enthusiasm is my middle name...Hard to fit on my driver's licence!

Thanks Alrock. Would you say they have a gloss finish?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:17 PM

Good luck to you, if it comes out nice I will take one for sure...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 AM

Keep us posted on your project and let us know when it is done.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 AM

Yes, gloss finish. Not nearly a piano black or anything like that. Keep in mind that if you use them as steps too that they can be slippery when wet. Some owners put grip tape on the top; others say that the grip tape can shred a calf when sliding out of the truck. There may be something else you can incorporate into the build or finish to help maintain a little grip for shoes.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Keep them covered in mud. That is the best finish.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 AM

Keep them covered in mud. That is the best finish.
I'm talking to my powder-coater about adding "Freshly Thrown Mud" to his color options.

Thanks for the pics and info, Alrock.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Thought I'd give you one more pic. Wiped off some of the dust and dirt and took a close up. Rain's supposed to be coming tomorrow so I didn't go for a full clean. I think that from a few feet away the contrast isn't so great. Obviously the flash is on here so it's really emphasizing the contrast.

Quick Reply: GOBI LADDER AND ROCK RAIL QUESTIONS