PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM and Hummer to split?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Default GM and Hummer to split?

Finally, GM is undertaking a strategic review of the Hummer brand to determine its fit within the GM portfolio. At this point, the company is considering all options, from a complete revamp of the product lineup to a partial or complete sale of the brand.

Wonderful, GM will become the "car-appliance" company, building little non-descript transportation machines for the ignorant masses. Love it or hate it, Hummer did what Saturn never could, give GM a division that everyone recognizes. Keep the brand, expand the offerings, killing it off would be brain-dead mismanagement, like handing Ford the police cruiser market in 1997.

As a former GM employee, I was never impressed with Rick Wagoner and I don't understand why he's lasted so long. The board should hand the company over to Lutz for a couple of years so he can clean house and put GMback in the black!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Default RE: GM and Hummer to split?

From this article. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/...m_shareholders

GM just announced that they are closing 4 truck factories and the Hummer Brand may be discontinued.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 AM

I think the quote, from what I can tell, was they're going to conduct a 'strategic rethink' and selling was one option. I should have more info soon...

Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Give GM a chance and they will do the wrong thing. I guess killing off the Corvette would be next on the agenda. GM, got any other best in the world products you want to quit making? Let us know Brian.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

They will turn over their GMC line of trucks to Hyundai

Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM

GM sold their stake in Isuzu (Duramax) to Toyota, I hope they don't sell them Hummer!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM

They say we are not making money. i say bs. I am seeing more H3's out on the street now than i ever have. I beleive the pricing is such that people are starting to see that these really do cost less that the loaded silverados,suburban's and the comparable ford & dodges. It's all about the mighty dollar.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 AM

does that mean the HUMMER academy is closing also?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: sgt940

does that mean the HUMMER academy is closing also?
Doubtful, they still have H1 training there - and their facility also handles military Humvee training. The academy is run by AMGeneral, and isindependent of GM.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:23 AM

I'm glad I got one before toyota screws it all up

Quick Reply: GM and Hummer to split?