PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Chrome Gas Door

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Default GM Chrome Gas Door

We bought a H3 recently and she wants to add the chrome fuel door. We bought a gently used GM factory chrome door, but it doesn't have anything else with it (seems like there should be a ring). Are we missing a piece? Also, I was reading the installation instructions in the FAQ section and was wondering if I would really need to drill into the panel? Sorry if this question has been asked already. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:14 PM

There should be a paper template to show where to drill the holes. You can probable make your own my laying a piece of paper over the back of the door and marking the paper for the holes. Careful when you drill. So the door will be strait. Use the correct size drill bit so the holes wont be too big.

There is a small black trim ring that I thought was part of the door.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 AM

Besides the template, there should also be 6 compression type nuts that you press into the holes you have to drill. This is what holds the fuel door in place. If you can't get those nuts from the dealer, the fuel door can't be mounted.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by westerville
We bought a H3 recently and she wants to add the chrome fuel door. We bought a gently used GM factory chrome door, but it doesn't have anything else with it (seems like there should be a ring). Are we missing a piece? Also, I was reading the installation instructions in the FAQ section and was wondering if I would really need to drill into the panel? Sorry if this question has been asked already. Thanks in advance for any responses.
There's also the black, plastic funnel shaped cap surround that replaces the stock piece.

Attached Thumbnails GM Chrome Gas Door-hummer-chrome-fuel-door.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Thanks for the replies. It looks like we are missing a couple parts so I'll just order a new assembly. We basically have the chrome door and the screws in it. Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM

I had that problem. I bought a used one on ebay and it never had the carbon fibre looking trim ring. I hunted around a few dealers and eventually I got lucky. One of them had a complete used chrome door and all the fittings that someone had brought back because the chrome was peeling and sent them to me for nothing. I changed the chrome door out and everything was fine.
Good luck !

Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM

If you can't find what you need, I'm selling my assembled door with all the pieces for $75. My CL ad is attached below:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...744299388.html (auto parts)

Good luck!